ADA Seeks Thorough Analysis for Astra Mk-I Integration on LCA Tejas

ADA Seeks Thorough Analysis for Astra Mk-I Integration on LCA Tejas

The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) has issued a tender calling for a comprehensive safety analysis to ensure the seamless and secure integration of the Astra Mk-I air-to-air missile onto the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas. This project emphasizes India's commitment to stringent safety protocols in its defense technology advancements.

The tender specifically outlines a "Reliability and Safety Analysis For Astra Mk-I Integration On LCA" to meticulously evaluate potential risks associated with the missile's integration. A primary focus of this analysis is to assess potential risks related to unintended missile release or failure to launch, encompassing four specific scenarios:
  1. Commanded Jettison Failure: The missile failing to detach from the aircraft despite a pilot-initiated command.
  2. Non-Commanded Jettison: An unintentional release of the armed missile.
  3. Commanded Launch Failure: The missile failing to launch upon the pilot's command.
  4. Non-Commanded Launch: The highly improbable event of the missile launching without pilot input.
By thoroughly examining these scenarios, the project aims to proactively identify and mitigate potential hazards, ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the Astra Mk-I missile when integrated with the LCA Tejas.

The Astra Mk-I, an indigenously developed Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (BVRAAM), is a crucial asset in India's defense capabilities. Its successful integration with the LCA Tejas will significantly augment the Indian Air Force's (IAF) combat capabilities, providing a substantial edge in aerial engagements.

It is expected that this project will pave the way for the safe and effective deployment of the Astra Mk-I missile on the LCA Tejas, marking a significant leap forward for India's defense sector.

And pretty soon Astra Mk II BVRAAM will join the party too after completion of all its trials in 2024.

If India can manage to arm Tejas IAs with Astra Mk2 too and send them on Combat Air Patrols (CAPs) duties, then both of our enemies will not dare coming near the borders.
Guaranteed.

And pretty soon Astra Mk II BVRAAM will join the party too after completion of all its trials in 2024.

If India can manage to arm Tejas IAs with Astra Mk2 too and send them on Combat Air Patrols (CAPs) duties, then both of our enemies will not dare coming near the borders.
Guaranteed.
Is Tejas mk1 Omni role jet ? It was conceived and built as interceptor to replace MiG-21, so it neednt be deployed in the front line combat roles.

Although these tests take long and delay integrating the missile with the jet they are necessary and essential. These tests should be a priority and passed as soon as possible so we can integrate and use only our indigenous missile to cut foreign expensive imports.

The other crucial necessity is developing a complete set of indigenous air to air missiles from Astra IR, MK2, MK3 which will allow us to achieve air dominance. Another set of air to surface missiles we need to develop and install is the Rudram missile for anti radiation strikes and a standard version that can hit any other target with a long range from MK1, MK2 and MK3.

Is Tejas mk1 Omni role jet ? It was conceived and built as interceptor to replace MiG-21, so it neednt be deployed in the front line combat roles.
The Tejas jets are a multi role fighter which can be used for air defence and to hit any surface targets as well. As it's a light jet it is cheaper to operate but it still has a very good combat role as it can carry a lot of different type of missiles, laser guided bomb, precision bombs, general bombs etc so it is a omni role jet that can do everything.

hahnnnnnh... DembazzElStooopidoo MIG21's were frontline defense fighters role also, in addition to ground attacks and air defense interceptors! Tejas is now multi role in MK1A version.

Nope.
It can unleash really massive amounts of armaments on surface targets too.
About 3.5 tons maximum but less with external fuel tanks.

It is a multirole fighter capable of a2a and a2g roles. With 4.5 ton of payload capacity sits far better than mig 21 or jaguar if fully operationalised with the full weapons package limited by its rage which is enough for our boarders.

hahnnnnnh... DembazzElStooopidoo MIG21's were frontline defense fighters role also, in addition to ground attacks and air defense interceptors! Tejas is now multi role in MK1A version.
MK1A is good with max. payload of 4+ tons MK1 was 4 tons and in MK1A more airframe weight reductions] and so more load carrying capability in MK1A.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob
Back