Tejas Mk2 First Prototype Assembly to Commence Soon with Rollout Expected by March 2026

Tejas_MKII.jpg

The Indian Air Force's (IAF) next-generation fighter jet, the Tejas Mk2, is moving closer to reality. Sources indicate that the assembly of the first prototype is set to commence soon, with a rollout expected by March 2026.

This updated timeline, confirmed by Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) officials, signals a positive step forward for the indigenous fighter jet program.

Prabhulla Chandran VK, Director of Avionics and Weapons Systems at ADA, stated that the rollout is anticipated in approximately 18 months, aligning with the original target for the Tejas Mk2's first flight in 2026.

Following the rollout, the prototype will undergo rigorous testing, including taxi trials, systems checks, and ground engine runs, before being cleared for its maiden flight.

The Tejas Mk2 represents a significant upgrade from the existing Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA). This 4.5 generation fighter will boast a more powerful GE-F414 engine, a redesigned fuselage with close-coupled canards for enhanced maneuverability, and an integrated Infra-Red Search and Track System (IRST) for improved situational awareness. These advancements are expected to significantly boost the aircraft's performance and combat capabilities.

This project is a collaborative effort between ADA, HAL, and various other public and private sector entities. While initial reports suggested a possible delay, the confirmed commencement of prototype assembly indicates that the program is now back on track.

The Tejas Mk2 is expected to play a vital role in the IAF's future force structure, complementing other advanced fighters like the Rafale and the upcoming AMCA (Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft). With its enhanced capabilities and indigenous origins, the Tejas Mk2 holds the promise of bolstering India's defence capabilities and its position in the global aerospace industry.

We need to stop offering Tejas mark 1A for exports and wait for Mark 2 to materialise. Most likely roll out would be mid 2027 with current pace of development.

I've always had concerns about the placement of canards on the Tejas Mk2, particularly their proximity to the main wings. My worries deepened when a professor from IIT pointed out the same issue. In aircraft like the Eurofighter Typhoon and Rafale, the canards are positioned much farther from the delta wings. Can someone explain why the canards on the Tejas Mk2 are located so close to the main wings?

I've always had concerns about the placement of canards on the Tejas Mk2, particularly their proximity to the main wings. My worries deepened when a professor from IIT pointed out the same issue. In aircraft like the Eurofighter Typhoon and Rafale, the canards are positioned much farther from the delta wings. Can someone explain why the canards on the Tejas Mk2 are located so close to the main wings?
I had said the same dude, and I ain't even a technical man. Even I can plainly see the highly flawed placement of canrads ahead of those dinky small inlets. Basically the turbulence generated by the canrads would be ingested directly in the engine air flow, in process adversely impacting engibe thrust and efficiency.

I had said the same dude, and I ain't even a technical man. Even I can plainly see the highly flawed placement of canrads ahead of those dinky small inlets. Basically the turbulence generated by the canrads would be ingested directly in the engine air flow, in process adversely impacting engibe thrust and efficiency.
First prototypes will actually be used to study the effect canard position has on air intake. The design has already been theoretically tested and will be practically tested using the prototype. 4 years have been allotted for 4 prototypes of Mk2. I think that should be enough for prototyping and testing.

I really hope that this will happen without further delays or excuses. We need this jets technology and capabilities to work flawlessly and without any problems. Once HAL manufactures the prototypes and the technology is certified then they should issue a license to several private companies to manufacture the jet from several of their production lines. This will ensure that orders will continue to be delivered even if one company has some issues or problems. This is the only way if the air force want to get their jets in large quantities in a short amount of time.

No chance this time , as most of the systems have been ordered & by the mid 2025 once the integrator starts getting most of the engines , the coupling work will start
Why one they assemble two may three simultaneously. If the modelling is correct their is less probability of errors in design

This Tejas-AF-II must be super cruise capable,we should make 205+ Tejas-Af-MK-II and 169+ twin engine ORCA powered by two GE-414 engines !

Why one they assemble two may three simultaneously. If the modelling is correct their is less probability of errors in design
They're making prototype one at a time so that any knowledge gained from the first could be implemented in second one and so one.

Ghanta kuch nahi hone wala. The HAL procured 8 GE 414 engines for this, that means they are going to make minimum 6 aircrafts in another 3 to 4 years, I.e 2030. After that this is also going to be like Teju mk1 and Mkia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SIDD
Back