US Arrow Denial Fuels India's Missile Defence Ambitions, Reaches New Heights

US Arrow Denial Fuels India's Missile Defence Ambitions, Reaches New Heights

The recent successful interception of Iranian missiles and drones by Israel's Arrow defence system has reignited global interest in the technology. However, for India, this success evokes a past setback when the US denied export of the Arrow-2 system due to its American components. This denial, instead of deterring India, has fueled the nation's ambition to develop its own indigenous Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) program, which has now reached new heights.

India's BMD program has made significant strides in recent years, culminating in the successful test of a new ship-based interceptor missile in April 2023. This achievement, led by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), demonstrates India's growing prowess in missile defence technology. It also underscores the country's commitment to self-reliance in safeguarding its security interests.

While the Arrow system remains a potent defence solution, its reliance on US components has proven to be a stumbling block for potential buyers like India who seek greater autonomy in their defence capabilities. This has inadvertently catalyzed India's efforts to create a homegrown alternative, leading to substantial advancements in its BMD program.

India's pursuit of indigenous missile defence technology is not just a matter of national pride but a strategic necessity. The country faces potential threats from neighboring nations with ballistic missile capabilities. By developing its own BMD system, India can ensure its security without relying on external suppliers who may have their own geopolitical considerations.

Lets not forget crediting the scientists at DRDO's many labs without whose contributions India wouldn't have become a major player in the Missile race.

DRDO often gets the scorn for many unsuccessful projects run to ground due to its project management.

But we also need to understand that DRDO has its fingers in many projects. Its laboratories research not only with missiles but into fields as diverse as food and packaging (DFRL) to Space Research. Science is a risky business and when you have an organization as spread out as DRDO, success and failure is a function of Management-skill, commitment, team-synergy and also individual leadership.

With so many variables at play and the organisational lethargy, bureaucratic red-tapism and lack of accountability one thing we can not take away from the many committed engineers and scientists at DRDO is that they deserve the nations' recognition and respect for their work.

well done DRDO, For every Road block there is opportunity. Atmanirbhar is only way .

Arrow is not success, if there is a saturation attack any missile defense system can fail.

Arrow is not success, if there is a saturation attack any missile defense system can fail.
It was a saturation attack, but with slow drones and prior notice, the genocidal regime knew the speed of the drone.
Even then it took the full strength of genocidal regime and company to took down the drones.
And iran got valuable data and iran sneakly send ballastic missile and hit three of the most heavily defended bases. Info given by isrili media and quoted by times of india.
Isrile was good at one thing propaganda, even that is failing now.

No foreign maals in interceptors business anymore.
India is as successful as Israel in air and missile defense.

Spend all that money on indigenous development and production as Israel will not transfer any TOTs or IPs.
We still import all of front sections of MRSAM and LRSAM even though we paid for the full developments of them.

So beware of sweet talks.

Iron Dome
Arrow Missiles
David's Sling
Iron Beam

May not be perfect but pretty impressive. Being hit by 3 is far more better than being hit by hundreds in one go. That's why commendable that India is also pitching for strong Air defense system.

Only a war will prove how robust is DRDO's air defence systems.

It was a saturation attack, but with slow drones and prior notice, the genocidal regime knew the speed of the drone.
Even then it took the full strength of genocidal regime and company to took down the drones.
And iran got valuable data and iran sneakly send ballastic missile and hit three of the most heavily defended bases. Info given by isrili media and quoted by times of india.
Are you real? It is better to airdrop you in hezbollah camp, then your definition of genocidal term will stand corrected. Due to people with your thinking whole europe & US is on fire. People should first hit at the lib rand us & leftists who love & provide the support to is.c radicals.

Lets not forget crediting the scientists at DRDO's many labs without whose contributions India wouldn't have become a major player in the Missile race.

DRDO often gets the scorn for many unsuccessful projects run to ground due to its project management.

But we also need to understand that DRDO has its fingers in many projects. Its laboratories research not only with missiles but into fields as diverse as food and packaging (DFRL) to Space Research. Science is a risky business and when you have an organization as spread out as DRDO, success and failure is a function of Management-skill, commitment, team-synergy and also individual leadership.

With so many variables at play and the organisational lethargy, bureaucratic red-tapism and lack of accountability one thing we can not take away from the many committed engineers and scientists at DRDO is that they deserve the nations' recognition and respect for their work.
What they deserve is jail time for failing the nation time and again. Read the CAG’s report on how they lie to us all? There are literal frauds happening in DRDO. CAG identified dozens of cases where DRDO filed closure reports, after huge time and cost delays. And then started fresh projects with fresh funding and timelines, to meet the remaining objectives of the original project. These are actual grounds for conspiracy and frauds.

Too bad for you that YOU ARE BLINDED BY EMOTION. No matter how much you hate Israel and supports Palestine, Palestinians and their Islamic will never reciprocate India and it's stance on JK. They will always stand by Pak on JK issue because of Pan-Islamic Solidarity. That's how Islam always work!

When moral or ideological support does not translate into reciprocal diplomatic or strategic benefits, it may be seen as less valuable. In the context of international relations, where national interests often take precedence, moral support without tangible returns could be reconsidered. This suggests that India's moral support for Palestine might not yield any strategic advantage.

The reason why many of us support Israel is because time and again Israel has supported India during wartime when no one else came to our help, not even Islamic Nations or Palestine. India don't have such friends much (we cannot say about Russia anymore). Our National interest should be priority, keeping that in mind Israel is strategically more valuable to India than Palestine. Anyone that doesn't agree with this is either Muslim or someone who doesn't even love India as a whole.

If people like you drives Foreign and strategic consideration based on EMOTION and MORALITY then not even a single major power will exist without breaking up in this world. Hence, that's why REALPOLITIKS is a must to survive in this world full of treachery and competition.

I believe the radar of this BMD system was acquired by India though - Green Pine radar,which was very helpful in India's own BMD program in earlier years.Correct me if I am wrong.

I believe the radar of this BMD system was acquired by India though - Green Pine radar,which was very helpful in India's own BMD program in earlier years.Correct me if I am wrong.
Indeed. I can confirm it. I have read about it. India is also making clone of it with extended range.

What they deserve is jail time for failing the nation time and again. Read the CAG’s report on how they lie to us all? There are literal frauds happening in DRDO. CAG identified dozens of cases where DRDO filed closure reports, after huge time and cost delays. And then started fresh projects with fresh funding and timelines, to meet the remaining objectives of the original project. These are actual grounds for conspiracy and frauds.
I've mentioned projects at DRDO work in compartments. Due to this, a lot depends on leadership and also individual characteristics of its team members.
Thus while many DRDO projects are end up in a failure, there are many other which have been partial success and other few which have been success stories.

Blessing in disguise.. Ukraine war is teaching everyone as to how important it is to have own development & manufacturing..

I've mentioned projects at DRDO work in compartments. Due to this, a lot depends on leadership and also individual characteristics of its team members.
Thus while many DRDO projects are end up in a failure, there are many other which have been partial success and other few which have been success stories.
Bro, I know that I can give any number of arguments and you DRDO apologists will keep defending it.

That’s why I am not talking about success or failure right now. I am talking about frauds and criminal conspiracies. The instances mentioned in my previous comment are criminal frauds. People doing that deserve jail time. Talk about that.

Blessing in disguise.. Ukraine war is teaching everyone as to how important it is to have own development & manufacturing..
That's why for some, war is profitable both financially and strategically.

DRDO is beset with control from bureaucrats & their stupid tantrums & ego. They hardly gave any knowledge on defence technology etc

Bro, I know that I can give any number of arguments and you DRDO apologists will keep defending it.

That’s why I am not talking about success or failure right now. I am talking about frauds and criminal conspiracies. The instances mentioned in my previous comment are criminal frauds. People doing that deserve jail time. Talk about that.
I get your point and I am with you on most factors, my friend. You already know my stance on DPSUs in general and HAL in particular. It takes some serious heavy-lifting to be as ineffective as HAL.

But, with DRDO, there are few success stories that one can not deny. IGMP being one of them. The fact that with organizations like success/failure at DRDO is a function of individual leadership, one cant take it away from those capable leaders/scientists/managers, many of whom would gave spent cash out of own pocket to ensure the work they led or managed does not fall back into a black-hole of failed-projects, which more often than not, is the norm, at DRDO.

My salute was for those few but highly industrious people at DRDO.

Do you really know the meaning of Genocide. You are talking about a nation who lost millions in WW2 holocaust. You are talking about a country which is surrounded by countries who are waiting for an opportunity to extreminate them once for all. Israel did not invade any country. They are defending for their survival. A big salute for displaying strong resolve against their tormentors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neil B.
Back