VFJ Unveils Proposed 6×6 Mine-Protected Vehicle for Enhanced Army Capabilities

GRnrqtmaUAEybxX

Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ), a unit of Armoured Vehicles Nigam Limited (AVNL), has unveiled a proposed 6×6 Mine-Protected Vehicle (MPV) designed to bolster the Indian Army's operational capabilities.

The scaled model of this new variant was showcased at the recent 9th International Police Expo and 8th Homeland Security Expo.

Building upon the success of its existing 4×4 MPVs currently serving in the Indian Army, VFJ's 6×6 MPV aims to address evolving operational needs by offering several key advantages:
  • Increased Capacity: The 6×6 configuration allows for a larger troop capacity, accommodating 2 personnel in the front, 14 in the rear, and an additional 2 jump seats. This enhanced capacity will enable more efficient troop transportation and mission flexibility.
  • Enhanced Power: Recognizing the increased weight and potential payload, VFJ plans to equip the 6×6 MPV with a more powerful engine than its 4×4 counterpart. This will ensure optimal performance across diverse terrains and under challenging operational conditions.
  • Superior Protection: The 6×6 MPV is expected to provide superior protection against powerful mine blasts and improvised explosive devices (IEDs). Like its predecessor, it will likely feature a V-shaped hull design to deflect blast forces away from the passenger compartment, maximizing crew survivability. The vehicle will also offer ballistic protection against small arms fire.
VFJ's proposal aligns with the Indian Army's ongoing modernization efforts, focusing on acquiring advanced, indigenously-developed platforms to enhance its operational readiness and effectiveness.

While detailed specifications of the 6×6 MPV are yet to be released, the model showcased at the expo has generated significant interest among military officials and industry experts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CutDalla
Back