MoD Targets Exporting Tejas MkII Fighter Jet to Compete with Russian Jets in Medium-Category Market

Laudable efforts.. however the engine issue with GE must be sorted out before dreaming.. 20 engines/yr from GE will not be sufficient for combined internal & export orders..
More than enough to meet the production capacity of HAL.

Our project management has to be improved a lot otherwise long delays will eat away what ever R&D achievements will wash away in the wake of rapid developments in innovation elsewhere. Lab to land is another crucial area where our people are failing. Don't keep innovation to your chest but to be sold to local industries and make them your vendors. Vendor development is very crucial which takes long time. Unless we have our own ecosystem of suppliers delays in production do happen. It is important to understand these important factors in rolling our new products.

Good

Africa
south east asia
middle east
south east asia

are our target

also private production line should be started
  1. The aircraft is several years behind schedule, and still not on the ground actually.
  2. HAL has proven to be incapable of efficiency production rates.
  3. A number of foreign orders don't go through because the Tejas has equipment from way too many nations running it.
  4. Private players haven't been invited, and they haven't shown interest either, simply because of a lack of sustained orders.
With all that said and done and with improvement on those aspects not exactly visible, are you still sticking to your point?

Even though Tejas MK2 hasn't been developed or made in detail they were sure that the technology would of been ready and progressed.
As per HAL themselves, they are aiming for a roll-out in late 2025 and first flight in late 2026 or early 2027. Considering their track record, I'd push those dates back by 6-12 months each.

Even with that, they should be ready to start production by 2030. As for the production capacity, HAL claims they are working on increasing it, but I'll believe it when it actually happens.

Dreaming of export orders even before a single plane is produced and delivered to the IAF,it's like PSUs are already on 6G internet!!
Knowing them, they are already at 8G or beyond. After all, 6G is on the horizon.

120-200 Tejas Mk II are not enough for India by any means.

Tejas Mk II is the bread and butter, and meat and potatoes type of fighter for India and it will replace all of Jaguars, Mirage-2000IPGs, Mig-29UPGs, and all those Migs already retired.

Tejas Mk IA is to replace all of Mig-21s and some as it has tremendous potential as it will carry Astra Mk I immediately and keep the enemy at least 90+ kms away from border while still flying safely 20 kms in Indian lands.

India and IAF must concentrate on this fighter of the future.
Best wishes.
We have some 160 Jaguars, 55 Mirage 2000s, and 75 MiG-29s in the IAF. That works out to 280 fighters in total. Now, if the UAF procures 180 Tejas Mk 2 aircraft (10 squadrons) plus trainers, then they can recoup the present squadron strength once you add in the 114 MRFA aircraft. The main catalysts to grow squadron strength seem to be the Tejas Mk 1A, and eventually, the AMCA.

The MK2 can best try to equal the gripen E IF everything goes well. This self praising saying that it is the best fighter in the world should stop. even the chinese dont do it.Only Pakistan does it regarding the jf-17.
Like the Tejas whipped the grippen c&d so will tejas mk Ii kick both rafale and grippen e.

Two most important things, adhering to a timeline and quality control will decide the course of Indian aerospace industry.

I don't know mate, the say have vision and pushing the marketing but the factory output is redundant. Most likely the Tejas ii will start post production of 1a(likely 2030) by then no one would be interested. Even then the production rate would barely be meeting domestic demands. If the claim of TOT then it will be the biggest bogus as how dependable would it be when HAL is crawling in ints own country.

1. The aircraft is several years behind schedule, and still not on the ground actually.
  2. HAL has proven to be incapable of efficiency production rates.
  3. A number of foreign orders don't go through because the Tejas has equipment from way too many nations running it.
  4. Private players haven't been invited, and they haven't shown interest either, simply because of a lack of sustained orders.
With all that said and done and with improvement on those aspects not exactly visible, are you still sticking to your point?
We don't take Frank very seriously over here.

We don't take Frank very seriously over here.
Oh, I know. Anyone who feels you can get world-beating military equipment simply by having the best minds (and nothing else) can't be taken seriously on a forum such as this.

I just posted that as an indication of just how far we are.

Oh, I know. Anyone who feels you can get world-beating military equipment simply by having the best minds (and nothing else) can't be taken seriously on a forum such as this.
We can not even claim to have worlds Best minds , looking at our DPSU's Record & performance.....or Non Performance. Lol

Laudable efforts.. however the engine issue with GE must be sorted out before dreaming.. 20 engines/yr from GE will not be sufficient for combined internal & export orders..
Can HAL even produce 20 Aircraft a year .....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hans mercer
Back