After Tejas Setback, HAL Sees Opportunity with Helicopter Deal in Argentina

PRACHAND.jpg

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is pursuing a potential deal with Argentina to supply Prachand Light Combat Helicopters (LCH) and Light Utility Helicopters (LUH). This move comes after Argentina opted to acquire American F-16 fighter jets instead of India's Tejas.

The interest stems from a promising visit in 2022, where a high-ranking Argentinian delegation, led by Lt Gen Juan Martin Paleo, Joint Chief of Staff of the Argentine Armed Forces, visited HAL facilities in Bangalore. The delegation was shown demonstrations of both the Prachand and LUH, even taking sorties in the helicopters.

Although the Tejas deal did not materialize, HAL remains optimistic about Argentina's interest in the Prachand and LUH. Negotiations are anticipated to continue throughout the year, with a possible agreement being reached by the end of 2024.

Argentina's attraction to the Prachand is due to its advanced capabilities, especially its suitability for high-altitude operations, a crucial requirement for the country's geographical terrain. The LUH, with its adaptable design, presents a valuable asset for various utility roles.

A successful deal would be a significant achievement for HAL in the export market and could pave the way for further collaboration with Argentina. This would mark a crucial step in India's efforts to expand its defense exports and strengthen its position in the global aerospace industry.

To a true Indian like me, the life of my soldiers matter more than anything. I trust my military more than the lying DRDO. I trust my Supreme Ciurt and CAG who have given clean chit to Rafale purchase by my patriotic soldiers. Lies being spread by the DPSUs and Ra Ga can keep crying.
U r the one who comes and keep crying when any name related to France pop up. Don't bring that western pimp raga and his party into this topic nothing difference he and his family was another western import commission agent who puts Indian soldiers life for imports and commissions destroying Indian defense establishment for western defense companies.True Indian but only advocates for foreign weapons esp France. I have never fought with any one advocating for imports but u r the one who fights verbally and cries for France with anyone in this forum advocating and fighting for imports esp french imports.

U r the one who comes and keep crying when any name related to France pop up. Don't bring that western pimp raga and his party into this topic nothing difference he and his family was another western import commission agent who puts Indian soldiers life for imports and commissions destroying Indian defense establishment for western defense companies.True Indian but only advocates for foreign weapons esp France. I have never fought with any one advocating for imports but u r the one who fights verbally and cries for France with anyone in this forum advocating and fighting for imports esp french imports.
I don’t cry for France. I cry for the choice of our military. Name one French product I ever advocated for which hasn’t been bought by our forces. You on the other hand are badmouthing our friend whose products have been officially endorsed by our soldiers.

US and EU helicopters will be too expensive for them given their budgetary situation. They could get second-hand helicopters, similar to how they are getting second-hand F-16s, however. Russia is just out of the running due to financial, geopolitical, and political reasons.
Helicopters & Fighter-Jet are different in terms of cost & serviceability.

Argentina can opt for Bell UH-1Y Venom or French EC155 as both Helicopters have Attack helicopter versions.

I don’t cry for France. I cry for the choice of our military. Name one French product I ever advocated for which hasn’t been bought by our forces. You on the other hand are badmouthing our friend whose products have been officially endorsed by our soldiers.
Yes the same soldiers who endorsed the Russian products was bad mouthed by u several times still that is not my point. You are the no.1. loyal supporter of french,Israel,South Korean imports because they does screwdriver jobs done by private companies , never seen u supporting the indigenous product of these companies like atags,kestral or even products from companies like SSS defense. u always comes crying against them against each one of the comments one against all for imports and foreign companies. though u supporting french and me our indigenous products in this forum doesn't matter anyways .This whole forum will agree with that . Even french companies won't cry or beg for their products to be bought like u ,never seen such a hardcore imports fan like u .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharan
Back