MDL Bids Enhanced Kalvari Submarines for Indian Navy, Claims Can Make 9 At Once

MDL Bids Enhanced Kalvari Submarines for Indian Navy, Claims Can Make 9 At Once

Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) intends to complete an agreement for the building of three more upgraded Kalvari submarines for the Indian Navy.

In addition, the company is in a strong position to win the contract for Project-75I submarines, which are the Indian Navy's next generation of submarines.

Modern technology, such as the DRDO's Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) Fuel Cell, is about to be integrated into the upgraded Kalvari Submarines.

This cutting-edge equipment is intended to increase the operational range and endurance of the submarines, which is an essential feature for naval forces.

The newer submarines will also have modern internal systems, which will solve the issue of technological obsolescence that existed with the six older MDL submarines.

MDL has established itself as a strong competitor for the Project-75I submarines, collaborating with German TKMS to provide the Indian Navy with U-214 submarines.

The company claims that it can produce nine submarines at once since it has the equipment needed in its dockyard.

This ambitious claim demonstrates MDL's confidence in its production capabilities and indicates that it is prepared to make a substantial contribution to India's naval modernization.

The claim that MDL has the ability to manage the construction of nine submarines at the same time emphasises the company's strong infrastructure and depth of experience. This competence is crucial for fulfilling the Indian Navy's requirements and ensuring the timely delivery of submarines.

If MDL is successful in gaining the Project-75I contract, it intends to keep U-214 submarine production autonomous, avoiding any interference with the manufacture of improved Kalvari submarines and vice versa.

After the upgraded Kalvari Submarine contract is finalised, MDL expects to resume submarine manufacturing in the next 18 to 24 months. The company plans to roll out the first submarine from dry docks to external docks in less than five years, demonstrating its dedication to efficiency and prompt delivery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adarsh
Back