Second Chinese Research Vessel Spotted in Bay of Bengal as India Prepares Missile Tests

Second Chinese Research Vessel Spotted in Bay of Bengal as India Prepares Missile Tests

Heightened tensions in the Bay of Bengal are escalating as a second Chinese research vessel, the Xiang Yang Hong 01, has entered the region just days before India is scheduled to conduct missile tests.

The presence of the vessel raises concerns amidst India's planned test-firing of two nuclear-capable ballistic missiles.

According to maritime data, the Xiang Yang Hong 01 follows another Chinese research vessel observed in the surrounding waters in recent weeks.

India is reportedly preparing to test the submarine-launched K4 missile alongside the land-based Agni-V variant between March 11th and 16th. While the exact date remains subject to change, the timing aligns uncomfortably with the Chinese vessel's movements.

Marine Traffic, a maritime tracking service, indicates that the Xiang Yang Hong 01 originated from the Chinese port of Qingdao on February 23rd, 2024. Damien Symon, an open-source intelligence expert, initially highlighted the vessel's presence in the Bay of Bengal via social media.

This development adds to the geopolitical complexity in the Indo-Pacific region as India and China maintain a historically uneasy relationship.

The presence of Chinese research vessels near India's planned missile tests raises questions about potential intelligence gathering operations and underscores the strategic competition between the two nations.

Yes, and then sink them Chinese vessels.. then say oops, it was a misfire.. This really works;
Be logical. Don't talk about fantasy. I don't like individuals who talk without analyzing pros and cons. Those type of individuals are not usefull enough to engage with.

Be logical. Don't talk about fantasy. I don't like individuals who talk without analyzing pros and cons. Those type of individuals are not usefull enough to engage with.
Yes sure.. but the subject & comments here is all fantasy .. Its all too much talk & do nothing.. Never we will send any warship near a Chinese Vessel unless its in our waters. So no harm done.

Go and seize it. We will clap for u!
Why me to go & seize it. All then should clap for our Navy if they seize a Chinese vessel belonging to Chinese govt or navy .. If not to go & seize it.. then why too much talk about a Chinese Vessel in International Waters. Let them do their thing..

India should give out a NOTAM for missile test, then when chinese ship enters area to record info, launch the missile but put target coordinates for that chinese ship. When china complains after its ship blows up, just say that -"we gave the warning for a missile test, but you did not evacuate area. Not our fault that your ship got hit.
Don't believe that China will buy Indian excuse. Whether it is Chinese fault or not, repercussions will be inevitable. What if China says "We will go by our findings, not by Indian claims". Nowadays, nations are like this........!!!

India is not strong enough to be equally assertive against PLAN in IOR all because of smaller navy. India need to fill IOR as fast as possible!

Yes sure.. but the subject & comments here is all fantasy .. Its all too much talk & do nothing.. Never we will send any warship near a Chinese Vessel unless its in our waters. So no harm done.
Your comments are filled with "reckless or irresponsible suggestions" or "uninformed remarks." Lacks a thoughtful and strategic approach to defense discussions, potentially oversimplifying complex geopolitical or military situations. Such unnecessary comments is immature. Let's have meaningful questions and discussion.

Your likes or your dislikes dont mean a R a t s A s s to me. Once you vom it on yourself, its you who spreads the Sti nk .... so, if you don't like or have brains to be on a forum, then stay away & dont step in .. by opening your Stin king mouth.

Your likes or your dislikes dont mean a R a t s A s s to me. Once you vom it on yourself, its you who spreads the Sti nk .... so, if you don't like or have brains to be on a forum, then stay away & dont step in .. by opening your Stin king mouth.
Then better not reply to my comments then. Period.

Get lost. Go on sleep kid.🤣

Don't believe that China will buy Indian excuse. Whether it is Chinese fault or not, repercussions will be inevitable. What if China says "We will go by our findings, not by Indian claims". Nowadays, nations are like this........!!!

India is not strong enough to be equally assertive against PLAN in IOR all because of smaller navy. India need to fill IOR as fast as possible!
Well currently India is strong against China in the IOR because they are involved against Taiwan too , in future they will have 4 aircraft carriers + modern submarines .

In early 2030's indian navy will be no match against Chinese navy

Your comments are filled with "reckless or irresponsible suggestions" or "uninformed remarks." Lacks a thoughtful and strategic approach to defense discussions, potentially oversimplifying complex geopolitical or military situations. Such unnecessary comments is immature. Let's have meaningful questions and discussion.
Your micro mental capacity is evident that we need a microscope to see if its still there. Maybe you need to go elsewhere.. maybe to Einstein's grave to understand complex discussions .. you are a misfit here, so go and vo m it somewhere else .. you st i nk too much.

It's obvious that they are monitoring our missile tests and it's capabilities. By developing the Agni 5 into having a MIRV capability it increases our lethality and makes the missile impossible for SAM defence systems to destroy every small nuclear missile which can increase our destruction distance.

Why shadow.. we should do same what we did to and seized that Chinese Container Carrier Vessel in Int'l waters going to Karachi. We should seize this research (spying) vessel Xiang Yang Hong 01
If its in International waters then India do not have the right to detain the ship. The best option is to keep it under watch and prevent the ship from trespassing Indian waters.

SLBM and ICBM are not meant for anti ship role.
Sarcasm, my friend, sarcasm. I know SLBMs and ICBMs are not meant to attack moving ships. I am merely poking fun at the Chinese.

NOTAM is part of international law. When NOTAM is given for a region for a specific time. No vessel should be there. If you are there, them you are there at your own risk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pr K Singh
Back