SSS Defence Offers to Meet Indian Army's Sniper Rifle Needs with Indigenous Viper and Saber

71118473.jpg

In response to a recent appeal by former Jammu and Kashmir police chief Shesh Paul Vaid for 50 Australian sniper rifles to counter Pakistani sniper attacks, Vivek Krishnan, CEO of SSS Defence, has declared the company's readiness to provide high-quality, indigenous alternatives.

Krishnan emphasized that SSS Defence's weapons meet or exceed international standards, eliminating the bureaucratic hurdles and diplomatic complexities often associated with procuring foreign arms. He criticized the end-user guarantees, licensing issues, high costs, and potential diplomatic pressures often faced in such deals.

SSS Defence offers two cutting-edge sniper rifles:
  • Viper: Chambered for .308/7.62x51mm cartridges, with proven accuracy at ranges exceeding 1,000 meters.
  • Saber: Chambered for .338 Lapua Magnum cartridges, with proven accuracy at ranges exceeding 1,500 meters.
Both rifles boast best-in-class Minute of Angle (MoA) accuracy, rivaling global competitors. These calibers are widely used by military and law enforcement snipers worldwide.

Krishnan's statement highlights a growing trend in India's defense sector towards self-reliance and indigenous manufacturing. SSS Defence's willingness to step up and fulfill the Indian Army's critical needs underscores the capabilities of the Indian defense industry.

As discussions continue between SSS Defence and the Indian Army, the prospect of equipping Indian snipers with domestically-produced, world-class rifles appears increasingly promising.

They bought Insas and look at their quality. Nepal army chief said that if they had any other rifle other than Insas they would not have lost as many soldiers as they did. Even CAPF officials have written to GoI to give them rifles other than Insas. Yet our army inducted lakhs of those. It was pure and absolute junk but still, if any Indian company clears the trials at the time of tendering our patriotic army will pay double triple or even more to induct them even if they are barely above the bare minimum requirement.
What are you doing here???? You must be the advisor to the Indian armed forces on purchase of weapons or may be the purchase officer with all powers to take each & every decisions regarding arms purchase. India is wasting such a huge talent like you. Such wastage can happen only in India.

What are you doing here???? You must be the advisor to the Indian armed forces on purchase of weapons or may be the purchase officer with all powers to take each & every decisions regarding arms purchase. India is wasting such a huge talent like you. Such wastage can happen only in India.
Then how can this wastage be recycled?

Any valid proof IA will pay double or triple amount for Indian gun.

IA is not idiot, no one will pay more than required amount.

But Indian MIC ko band karana hai to kuch bhi.

Double or triple cost ke bina reply mat karna. Ab bola hai to dikhana padega.
There is a massive difference between OFB made products and private sector ones,at least IA should give them a fair shake,if they are upto par,they can certainly equip the services all while keeping the costs lower and avoid lengthy tenders with foreign firms.

First PSU & DRDO BAD,
Now SME and Startup bad,
Akshat admit you are just dalal of Import lobby,
he only support screw driving by Corporates who fund Hinduphobic woke brigade in west,
excellent, people like u are where we are. Just Indian MIC bad, west is overlord, we shall just do CKD assembly
Insas was made by a SME or start up?

I still never understood, why OFB hasn't tried to develop:-
  1. Modernized version of SLR (FN-FAL) for DMR roles.
  2. Indigenous version of RPG-7, RPK, Arsenal MG-M2 & MP-5
  3. Modernized version of Ishapore-Rifle 7.62x51mm
I hope that Indian-Military, Paramilitary, CAPFs & State Police forces will replace their Browning Hi Power Pistols with Glock-17 from CMT Pvt Ltd.

I hats the cost of Arjun mk1a? And what’s the cost of T90 paid by Indian army?

Over 60 crores for Arjun and 30 crores for T90. That’s double. So IA pays double the amount even when the product doesn’t match the requirements. Imagine what they will do when it does. The he generals will be falling heads over heels to induct such equipment even if they have to pay much much more.
As I recall the field trials of Arjun mk1 and T-90 tanks, t90 got many relief in trials and then what sudden Arjun mk1 was bad product and to much heavier after better performance than the t90 tanks
About the price factor how much we procured Arjun?? And t90 was almost at the end of it's production line Indian orders was just to continue the production line of t90!! So what a comparison man!! Just absolute lies and half baked truth!!

India needs new sniper rifles for the entire army but they are rarely used except on the frontline or to counter the enemy shots but the guns are still expensive so it wouldn’t become a problem will it.

Recently a few years ago the military bought a few hundred Sako TRG guns with bullets from Finland under the emergency procurement powers off the shelf. As we already bought the best sniper rifle it’s not likely that the army will buy any indigenous guns in large quantities. They might buy a few guns but SSS should look at selling it to the special forces like the NSG, SFF and paramilitary forces like the BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF etc. Another option is to sell it to foreign countries who will be keen to get these advanced guns at cheap prices.

They bought Insas and look at their quality. Nepal army chief said that if they had any other rifle other than Insas they would not have lost as many soldiers as they did. Even CAPF officials have written to GoI to give them rifles other than Insas. Yet our army inducted lakhs of those. It was pure and absolute junk but still, if any Indian company clears the trials at the time of tendering our patriotic army will pay double triple or even more to induct them even if they are barely above the bare minimum requirement.
Looks like you belong to an Army Family.

Life is good, when a job in the Patriotic Army is guaranteed because one comes from an Army Family.

Looks like you belong to an Army Family.

Life is good, when a job in the Patriotic Army is guaranteed because one comes from an Army Family.
At least in my immediate family, no one is in the army. But I understand that these people put their lives on the line for us. Even the top officers at some point were in the field. So unless there is hard evidence of corruption, please don't accuse them. Even the evidence at hand vindicates them. Remember how everyone was blaming them for changing requirements? Now it has come to light that only 18% of delays come due to changing requirements. Anyone in product development would know that 10-15% delay due to customer spec change is very normal. So they stand vindicated bro.

At least in my immediate family, no one is in the army. But I understand that these people put their lives on the line for us. Even the top officers at some point were in the field. So unless there is hard evidence of corruption, please don't accuse them. Even the evidence at hand vindicates them. Remember how everyone was blaming them for changing requirements? Now it has come to light that only 18% of delays come due to changing requirements. Anyone in product development would know that 10-15% delay due to customer spec change is very normal. So they stand vindicated bro.
I am not talking about corruption that happens at Army in the procurement department. That is a well known practice and has been happening almost since India became independent.

The people who put their life on the line at border are actually just canon fodder and the recruitment of jawans happens in bulk. Some small number if corruption does happen at that stage, which I have no idea about. Then, NDA is a pretty straight forward route to the commissioned officers cadre and should be clean
The problem happens mostly in recruitments for lateral entry i.e. the SSB. Dont take my word. Google search will point you to many such instances of corruption happening at various levels in Army and other wings.

I am not talking about corruption that happens at Army in the procurement department. That is a well known practice and has been happening almost since India became independent.

The people who put their life on the line at border are actually just canon fodder and the recruitment of jawans happens in bulk. Some small number if corruption does happen at that stage, which I have no idea about. Then, NDA is a pretty straight forward route to the commissioned officers cadre and should be clean
The problem happens mostly in recruitments for lateral entry i.e. the SSB. Dont take my word. Google search will point you to many such instances of corruption happening at various levels in Army and other wings.
As I said, wherever there is clear case of corruption, then blame them. But not without evidence. Even the officers inducted through NDA usually serve at the border in the initial years of their service. So don't blame them without evidence. And especially when it comes to induction of products made by entities like DRDO.

Iska proof de chup chap, ab T90, Arjunki baat divert mat kar.
Processor slow down ho gaya hai? I said that IA will pay even double or triple for indigenous products. I have proven it. IA paid double for indigenous product Arjun, which doesn’t even meet their requirements, when compared to foreign product, t90.

As I recall the field trials of Arjun mk1 and T-90 tanks, t90 got many relief in trials and then what sudden Arjun mk1 was bad product and to much heavier after better performance than the t90 tanks
About the price factor how much we procured Arjun?? And t90 was almost at the end of it's production line Indian orders was just to continue the production line of t90!! So what a comparison man!! Just absolute lies and half baked truth!!
Where has it ever been officially said that T90 performed worse? Nowhere. It is just a myth spread by DRDO. In fact, CAG report of 1998 clearly says that Arjun failed its trials miserably.

As for T90, more blatant lies. T90s were still being produced after the Indian orders, even for customers other than India. So please don’t spread lies just to defend DRDo.

Either provide contribution to electoral bonds or sell the company to adani or shift the company to any foreign country offer then free trips luxurious offers and if possible offer them some watches like what Dassault offers or else blame yourself in doing defense business in this country by listening to some slogans of self reliance(such slogans are for votes and favouritism). Sad that such treatment is given to an indian company 😭

Either provide contribution to electoral bonds or sell the company to adani or shift the company to any foreign country offer then free trips luxurious offers and if possible offer them some watches like what Dassault offers or else blame yourself in doing defense business in this country by listening to some slogans of self reliance(such slogans are for votes and favouritism). Sad that such treatment is given to an indian company 😭
Unfortunately, this is how it goes. 😢
Atmanirbharta is only for the oligarchs, startups and small businesses are being ignored by MoD and the military, especially the army.

And yet you have never been able to prove me wrong in facts. Tch tch tch
This is the IA playbook, ask for unrealistic gun requirements that doesn't exist anywhere else in the world(MCIWS) and when DRDO makes it, dilly dally and eventually reject it, and go for emergency purchase of overpriced foreign maal.

There's your proof.

This is the IA playbook, ask for unrealistic gun requirements that doesn't exist anywhere else in the world(MCIWS) and when DRDO makes it, dilly dally and eventually reject it, and go for emergency purchase of overpriced foreign maal.

There's your proof.
I ho says MCIWS made by DRDO met the requirements?

The actual chronology is that IA gave its requirements. No one, including DRDO, met those. Despite giving a promise to meet them. Then IA had to change the requirements and ran a proper tender where no Indian weapon cleared the trials and IA went for the cheapest option.

That’s your proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neil B.
Back