SSS Defence Offers to Meet Indian Army's Sniper Rifle Needs with Indigenous Viper and Saber

71118473.jpg

In response to a recent appeal by former Jammu and Kashmir police chief Shesh Paul Vaid for 50 Australian sniper rifles to counter Pakistani sniper attacks, Vivek Krishnan, CEO of SSS Defence, has declared the company's readiness to provide high-quality, indigenous alternatives.

Krishnan emphasized that SSS Defence's weapons meet or exceed international standards, eliminating the bureaucratic hurdles and diplomatic complexities often associated with procuring foreign arms. He criticized the end-user guarantees, licensing issues, high costs, and potential diplomatic pressures often faced in such deals.

SSS Defence offers two cutting-edge sniper rifles:
  • Viper: Chambered for .308/7.62x51mm cartridges, with proven accuracy at ranges exceeding 1,000 meters.
  • Saber: Chambered for .338 Lapua Magnum cartridges, with proven accuracy at ranges exceeding 1,500 meters.
Both rifles boast best-in-class Minute of Angle (MoA) accuracy, rivaling global competitors. These calibers are widely used by military and law enforcement snipers worldwide.

Krishnan's statement highlights a growing trend in India's defense sector towards self-reliance and indigenous manufacturing. SSS Defence's willingness to step up and fulfill the Indian Army's critical needs underscores the capabilities of the Indian defense industry.

As discussions continue between SSS Defence and the Indian Army, the prospect of equipping Indian snipers with domestically-produced, world-class rifles appears increasingly promising.

At least in my immediate family, no one is in the army. But I understand that these people put their lives on the line for us. Even the top officers at some point were in the field. So unless there is hard evidence of corruption, please don't accuse them. Even the evidence at hand vindicates them. Remember how everyone was blaming them for changing requirements? Now it has come to light that only 18% of delays come due to changing requirements. Anyone in product development would know that 10-15% delay due to customer spec change is very normal. So they stand vindicated bro.
Hard Evidence?
Like the Coffin scam or Lt. Suresh Nanda or Mj.Vipin Khanna?
Or maybe you're looking for the CAG report that showed Arjun tanks outperforming T-90s even after being severely handicapped by the army. IA still chose T-90s but sure, I guess we'll keep running cover for IA.

So no, and I'm sorry but the army, especially the officer class doesn't deserve my benefit of the doubt. It's the average grunt, THE REAL JAWAN, who is actually risking his life, less so officers.

Also 18% is NOT NORMAL, product development and weapons R&D are not the same thing. Also, at the end of the R&D cycle a domestic industry requires large enough orders if you're going to have a self sustaining military industry. Army not having any respect for BEP of companies is what will hurt our jawans in an actual war.

Hard Evidence?
Like the Coffin scam or Lt. Suresh Nanda or Mj.Vipin Khanna?
Or maybe you're looking for the CAG report that showed Arjun tanks outperforming T-90s even after being severely handicapped by the army. IA still chose T-90s but sure, I guess we'll keep running cover for IA.

So no, and I'm sorry but the army, especially the officer class doesn't deserve my benefit of the doubt. It's the average grunt, THE REAL JAWAN, who is actually risking his life, less so officers.

Also 18% is NOT NORMAL, product development and weapons R&D are not the same thing. Also, at the end of the R&D cycle a domestic industry requires large enough orders if you're going to have a self sustaining military industry. Army not having any respect for BEP of companies is what will hurt our jawans in an actual war.
There were no CAG reports that said that Arjun performed better than T90. Show me which ones say that. In fact, no report ever even said that the minimum basic requirements of IA were ever met by Arjun.

18% is very normal. Especially when compared to the 60% of the delays due to DRDO. If anything, you are running cover for DRDO.

The domestic industries do get enough orders to keep them sustained when the products meet the required specs. Like in drones and armored vehicles. Whatever is committed by the army is procured.

And in cases where sufficient evidence is present, I am with you. Punish those.

I ho says MCIWS made by DRDO met the requirements?

The actual chronology is that IA gave its requirements. No one, including DRDO, met those. Despite giving a promise to meet them. Then IA had to change the requirements and ran a proper tender where no Indian weapon cleared the trials and IA went for the cheapest option.

That’s your proof.
Why Indian weapons are not able to clear even our country's requirements? Is it due to lack of access to latest technology or unskilled labour?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neil B.
Back