Tata to Establish India's First Overseas WhAP Armored Vehicle Plant in Morocco with Annual Production of 100 units

WHAP_During_Defence_Expo_2018.jpg

Morocco – In a landmark move for India's defence industry, Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL), a Tata Group company, is set to establish India's first overseas defence manufacturing plant in Casablanca, Morocco. This significant development marks a major step in India's push to become a global defence exporter and strengthens its strategic ties with Africa.

The state-of-the-art facility will primarily produce the Wheeled Armoured Platform (WhAP), an 8x8 amphibious infantry combat vehicle developed jointly by TASL and DRDO. With an annual production capacity of 100 WhAP units, the plant is expected to be operational within a year, with the first vehicles rolling out in 18 months.

This contract represents a significant win for TASL, providing a strategic entry point into the growing African defence market. Sukaran Singh, CEO and Managing Director of TASL, highlighted the importance of this venture, stating, "This not only enables TASL to help initiate Morocco's defence ecosystem but also acts as a launch point for TASL into the rest of Africa for select defence systems."

The WhAP has already been deployed with the Indian Army in Ladakh and has undergone extensive trials in African deserts before being selected by the Royal Moroccan Armed Forces. This indigenously designed platform is capable of operating in diverse terrains, from deserts and mountains to marshy lands.

The Casablanca plant is not only a first for India but also for Morocco. It will be the first facility in the country capable of manufacturing a complete major defence platform. The project is expected to generate employment for around 350 people and contribute significantly to both the Moroccan and Indian economies. A major portion of the manufacturing process will also be carried out in India.

This initiative aligns with India's broader strategy to expand its defence footprint in Africa, a market traditionally dominated by Russian and European suppliers, with China emerging as a major player in recent years. India has been actively promoting defen e cooperation with African nations through bilateral visits and government initiatives.

And you won’t be able to show us a single official comment from IA regarding purchase of Strykers, right bro? 😂😂
So the Stryker team came in India recently just to take a holy dip in the Ganges then

F35 was brought to India and an IAF team went to its pavilion in Aero India. We are purchasing that as well?
F35A is not on offer while Stryker is ....basic common sense if F35A would have been on offer then we would have definitely bought it ( and I support that idea)

F35A is not on offer while Stryker is ....basic common sense if F35A would have been on offer then we would have definitely bought it ( and I support that idea)
So everything on offer when brought to India will be bought by us? F16, F15, EF etc. all were in India in 2009 Aero India. How many were bought by us?

So everything on offer when brought to India will be bought by us? F16, F15, EF etc. all were in India in 2009 Aero India. How many were bought by us?
Do we really had good relations with them back then!?
and as I said we are going for inferior system not something utterly low- class.
We went with Rafale because they are better but not in this case, Kestral literally dominates Stryker in literally everything....not even one damn stat is Stryker better

Do we really had good relations with them back then!?
and as I said we are going for inferior system not something utterly low- class.
We went with Rafale because they are better but not in this case, Kestral literally dominates Stryker in literally everything....not even one damn stat is Stryker better
Bro why don’t you state all your requirements in one go? Because it is clear that whatever I say, you will find some differences and then point them out just to make your case of blaming the army.

As for stats, those are stats given by DRDO. Has it been declared by the army that those stats are actually true or not? Remember how DRDO lied about similar stats in an official file to MoD?

Good move by TATA. There is no use waiting for the never materialising import army's order for both the "make in India" (in name only) government & the import army are not serious about promoting private industries in defence sector. All private sector defence companies should give priority to export orders than orders from import bent of mind Indian military.

Bro why don’t you state all your requirements in one go? Because it is clear that whatever I say, you will find some differences and then point them out just to make your case of blaming the army.

As for stats, those are stats given by DRDO. Has it been declared by the army that those stats are actually true or not? Remember how DRDO lied about similar stats in an official file to MoD?
Just go to wiki and compare them na.

as for stats just like u say Hermes stats given by IAI are true 'cause it's used by other militaries too and not just Israel in the same way WhAP stats are true and Moroccan Army trust on the system proves it.

Just go to wiki and compare them na.

as for stats just like u say Hermes stats given by IAI are true 'cause it's used by other militaries too and not just Israel in the same way WhAP stats are true and Moroccan Army trust on the system proves it.
But who said that the stats given are proven? That’s what I am asking. We know the stats IAF and IA asked for from Hermes. So we know what they passed. So show me what stats Morocco asked for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Divine Knowledge
Back