The Unspoken Tale of Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman and 2019 Indo-Pak Air Skirmish

GC_Abhinandan_0_1200x768_1200x768.jpeg

Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, the Indian Air Force pilot who became a national hero in 2019 after shooting down a Pakistani F-16 fighter jet, continues to be shrouded in a veil of silence regarding the details of his daring mission.

Abhinandan's story is one of valor and resilience. Following the downing of his MiG-21, he was captured in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK). His swift return to India was hailed as a diplomatic victory, and he was awarded the Vir Chakra for his exceptional bravery.

However, since his return, there has been a conspicuous absence of public statements from Abhinandan about the events of that day. While he has resumed his duties as a fighter pilot and has been promoted to Group Captain, he has not been permitted to speak openly to the media. This stands in contrast to Squadron Leader Minty Aggarwal, the woman fighter controller who played a crucial role in the operation and has been able to share her experiences publicly.

The public's curiosity remains piqued, as they yearn to hear Abhinandan's firsthand account of the aerial engagement, his capture, and his subsequent return. His silence has led to speculation and a lack of complete understanding of the entire mission.

Several reasons could be attributed to the restrictions on Abhinandan's media interactions. These could include operational security concerns, the sensitive nature of the situation, or even personal preference. It is also possible that the government or the military have deemed it prudent to maintain a degree of discretion on this matter.

Whatever the reasons may be, Abhinandan's silence has not diminished his status as a national hero. His actions on that fateful day in 2019 are a testament to his courage, skill, and unwavering dedication to duty. It remains to be seen whether he will ever choose to share his story with the public. Until then, his legacy as a symbol of bravery and patriotism will endure.

Then your delusional to support the enemies version of events over our side.

We had released evidence such as the voice recording between Pakistan pilots and air traffic control who could clearly be heard that a jet that went on a sortie didn’t return back and was lost on radar. How much proof do you need? They also killed their own pilot by mistake and to hide that story they said we lost a Sukhoi jet even though all of ours are accounted for.
I am not supporting anyone's version. I believe that I am an intelligent person, who is able to determine for himself what he wants to believe. Audio recording is not definitive evidence of anything. That is very easy to fake. Image are easy to fake. I can pay to make a recording of 2 guys talking about F16 going down, and then tell everyone, oh, these are pakistani ATC officials discussing the downing of an F16.

I believe in facts, that are rock solid, without any doubt. The only fact is that an Indian Mig21 went down over pakistani controlled territory and an indian pilot got captured. Nobody can refute this. Anythings else, I wont waste my time with. Because there is no way to be certain.

How is it a humiliation that the pilot got caught? It’s even more embarrassing that he got caught and Pakistan had to release him the next day. That’s got to be a new record on the fastest prisoner exchange/release.

Anyone parachuting in enemy land risks getting captured. He only got captured because he landed near a Pakistani village and a large crowd gathered around him who were hostile and even with his gun he knew he would run out of bullets and there would still be a large amount of people who would kill him. He was stuck and had no choice but to surrender and survive.
Pak wanted to paint itself as innocent and India as aggressor infront of the world that's why as a goodwill gesture to deescalate they released Abhinandan. It is more of psy-op and propaganda act which they won.

Being the only PoW in this conflict it is the humiliation for India, because it gave Pak the upper hand, also in this melee our own missiles killed 7 IAF Airmen by downing their heli. If this is not the embarrassment then what else.

I am patriotic as much as you are but I choose to have different opinion. Unprepared and lack of good planning ruined this and cost lives of 7 Airmen and prestige of the nation.

Who told you this? Did abhinandan tell you? Do you have sources high up in the IAF or MoD. This is just conjecture. And rumour. Only opinions. No facts
we are family friend of Mr. Varthaman uncle former IAF ACM and Father of Wing Cmndr. Abhinandan... He was angry on his son but was also very worried about ISI torturing him in captivity..

The ispr fools dropped the ball when they got hyper excited and claimed the downing of multiple pilots. That's all the proof you need. It's going to keep coming back to haunt them. We all know who those other pilots belonged to except the ones that don't want to.

No one outside india believes that he shot down F16. Pakistan also claims that it shot down our Su30MKI. Believe what is clearly visible. What is a fact is that in the engagement, We lost 1 mig21, and our pilot got captured. Rest is just claims and counter claims. You believe whatever you want to believe.
Actually many do. There were actual pieces in many newspapers, many podcasts etc. Including by many western analysts who even quoted Pakistani military. Most of them have in fact been removed by now.

hahahha. he was released under Geneva Agreement
Really? When did bhikaristan start following Geneva convention? Did they follow it when they tortured Lt. Saurabh Kalia and his unit in Kargil.

Bhikari beginning of end is coming for your country.

Actually many do. There were actual pieces in many newspapers, many podcasts etc. Including by many western analysts who even quoted Pakistani military. Most of them have in fact been removed by now.
No other country acknowledged that an F16 got destroyed. Most important being america

Pak wanted to paint itself as innocent and India as aggressor infront of the world that's why as a goodwill gesture to deescalate they released Abhinandan. It is more of psy-op and propaganda act which they won.

Being the only PoW in this conflict it is the humiliation for India, because it gave Pak the upper hand, also in this melee our own missiles killed 7 IAF Airmen by downing their heli. If this is not the embarrassment then what else.

I am patriotic as much as you are but I choose to have different opinion. Unprepared and lack of good planning ruined this and cost lives of 7 Airmen and prestige of the nation.
No you’re factually wrong. The entire world knew that Pakistan brought this attack on itself because of its support to terrorists and India wouldn’t have acted without provocation.

Also why would Pakistan want to deescalate tensions for an attack they carried out and started? They had no choice because India threatened them with war and to fire ballistic missiles against them. They did not think India would respond this way because previously our response was weak. Once they found out and we threatened them with war their own army chief and military officers returned the pilot to deescalate tensions as they were not prepared for any major military attack.

The fact that the pilot got caught isn’t an embarrassment. He at least survived whereas their pilot is dead. We got our pilot back the next day so how does Pakistan have the upper hand? A country forced to hand over a pilot the next day should be humiliated for succumbing to our request so quickly which showed you how weak and desperate they really were. Otherwise if they really had the upper hand they wouldn’t give him back to us.

The bad news was that we shot our helicopter down because the pilot didn’t turn his IFF on. So they launched a missile because they thought it was a helicopter who was attacking them at the same time we’re dealing with the battle with our jets in the sky.

I am not supporting anyone's version. I believe that I am an intelligent person, who is able to determine for himself what he wants to believe. Audio recording is not definitive evidence of anything. That is very easy to fake. Image are easy to fake. I can pay to make a recording of 2 guys talking about F16 going down, and then tell everyone, oh, these are pakistani ATC officials discussing the downing of an F16.

I believe in facts, that are rock solid, without any doubt. The only fact is that an Indian Mig21 went down over pakistani controlled territory and an indian pilot got captured. Nobody can refute this. Anythings else, I wont waste my time with. Because there is no way to be certain.
You are supporting the enemy because you don’t support your own military or country.

We intercepted their communications with the radio and equipment which was played back from the same equipment that was used to intercept their messages so that is definite proof. Also we showed the satellite image of before the attack and after the attack. The images after showed buildings with clear holes on the top and exploded inside. Also many people around the world looked at their own satellite imagery which showed the same which proves it isn’t a fake image.

Also after the attack Pakistan army closed the entire area off including media companies who wanted to see proof of the attack. The army closed the area because they wanted to remove the dead and didn’t want anyone to see the large number of bodies. They only allowed people to visit the buildings and area over a month after the attack because they wanted to repair the buildings. If there was no damage then why did they seal off the area and stopped any media company from seeing?

India said that we shot an F-16. Pakistan said that they didnt lose an F-16, but that they shot a mig21 and a sukhoi. We denied that a sukhoi was shot down. It is classic case of my word against yours.

We didnt capture a pakistani pilot and we didnt capture the wreckage of an F16. But pakistan did do both of those things.

I choose to believe what can be easily proven. You can believe what indian govt or IAF says, upto you.
That fight happened in pojk and u are expecting we launch a special forces operation just to retrieve the debris and prove our point to non believers. How dumb is that.
We showed radar picture of f16 being shot down. What more needs to be done. Even p@kis themselves, initially announced of doosra bandha. But apparently ignorance is bliss nowadays.

His and IAF silence is based on request from US that a bison shot an F16. All the hardware in his plane was Russian and it shot a much modern F16. Skill of pilots involved also plays a lot in a dog fight.

It is, call Pokis Pu$$y or lafandus. We can celebrate Indian diplomacy because at the end, it achieved something which was unherd of in the subcontinent.
But proclaiming Abhinandan a hero?
That would be as ridiculous as Rawool baba's sychopanths' recent celebration of victory.
U think diplomacy works against p@kis. That is news to me. By this logic, our border problems would have been solved by now, or atleast cross border terrorism would have stopped. 😆 🤣 😂.

That fight happened in pojk and u are expecting we launch a special forces operation just to retrieve the debris and prove our point to non believers. How dumb is that.
We showed radar picture of f16 being shot down. What more needs to be done. Even p@kis themselves, initially announced of doosra bandha. But apparently ignorance is bliss nowadays.
Dude, i never said that. You are putting words in my mouth. I just said that I dont believe anything related to military accomplishment or debacle unless I see facts and evidence.

The incentive to lie and make up stuff is too great when it comes to these things. And both sides lie and trie to hide stuff.

No other country acknowledged that an F16 got destroyed. Most important being america
How many countries said anything beyond India, Pak and US? Pak claimed it shot down a Su30MKI. India paraded the said plane with the same tail number. Pak on the other hand said that the plane was lost a month later in an accident.

Oh and by the way, Russia did say that India shot down the plane. So that's 2 vs 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shailesh Ghanshyam Chaudhari
Back