Baba Kalyani Aims to Make India Top Spot in Global Artillery Market by 2030

Baba Kalyani Aims to Make India Top Spot in Global Artillery Market by 2030

Baba Kalyani, Managing Director of defense giant Bharat Forge, has outlined a bold vision to position India as the world's leading artillery manufacturer by 2030. This ambitious goal comes as India continues to expand its defense exports, with recent successes in artillery guns, drones, and rifles.

"We are presently the number one artillery manufacturer in the world. Our goal is to sustain this position while leveraging cutting-edge technology to become the absolute largest," Kalyani declared.

Kalyani attributes India's growing defense capabilities to government initiatives such as "Aatmanirbhar Bharat" (Self-reliant India) and "Make in India." Additionally, he believes India's neutral stance in global affairs attracts collaboration opportunities from other nations.

Kalyani's vision aligns with India's broader strategy to reduce reliance on imported arms. Realizing this goal would signify a major achievement for India's defense industry and bolster its position as a global defense supplier.

Babasaheb hasn't got any order to supply from our import army, but he doesn't show any bitterness.
However, while BF has developed so many models including Ti-alloy ULH (4.5MT) & all-steel towed arty (8.6MT), why has BF not been able to reduce 3MT from ATAGS weighing 18MT?

The Canadian Gun company that Kalayani group bought from Austria used to be a World leader in guns and Artillery, even now many Countries in the West and Middle east use their products, I don’t thing Kalyani group didn’t invent anything after they bought this company, so they should be able to export without any issues.

Reminder only Kalyani is investing in RD

Tata Adani Ambani Mahindra.. Are all screw driver Kings..

Sad thing is kalayani does not get any order

P. S. I am. Not. Fan of DPSU.. Just showing reality

I hope that IA opts to invest in:-
  1. Additional 200 K-9 Vajra SPGs
  2. ATAGS & it's truck mounted version
  3. Kalyani-ULH & it's truck mounted version
  4. Kalyani Garuda-105
I do understand that ATAGS doesn't matches IA's requirements for Mountain Warfare but this Artillery-Gun has clearly shown the potential to dominate the Western Border in Case an Indo-Pak conflict especially the Deserts.

Good, I like that Kalyani has a vision and is willing to pursue it...Let them be experts on guns and maybe rockets, with the best technology and a good price, that can be produced in scale domestically...we must learn from the Americans that we will sell you stuff but limited TOT, no re-exports, no local assembly and many strings attached...Defense exports must be closely tied to Bharat's geopolitics.

Reminder only Kalyani is investing in RD

Tata Adani Ambani Mahindra.. Are all screw driver Kings..

Sad thing is kalayani does not get any order

P. S. I am. Not. Fan of DPSU.. Just showing reality
TATA's AFV is inducted in IA. Where was screw driving involved ? You haven't still replied to the question I asked about your so called scam in Apache deal ? Have you ever heard about TATA Institute of Fundamental Research ? Stop spreading falsehood .

The Canadian Gun company that Kalayani group bought from Austria used to be a World leader in guns and Artillery, even now many Countries in the West and Middle east use their products, I don’t thing Kalyani group didn’t invent anything after they bought this company, so they should be able to export without any issues.
What you think differs from facts.

I hope he gets a lot of orders for all variants. That said all local systems should improve shoot-n-scoot time to < 2mins in their next version. WLR works very fast.SPH should be fully automated.

TATA's AFV is inducted in IA. Where was screw driving involved ? You haven't still replied to the question I asked about your so called scam in Apache deal ? Have you ever heard about TATA Institute of Fundamental Research ? Stop spreading falsehood .
not TATA, it was DRDO AFV.

IAF and army ordered apache in different tenders resulting in high cost and extra losses.

not TATA, it was DRDO AFV.

IAF and army ordered apache in different tenders resulting in high cost and extra losses.
FYI. TATA is involved in the designing of KESTEREL AFV. Please do some proper homework before commenting on an organisation which is centuries old. Are you so naive to understand that IAF and IA are different service and APACHE is a Govt to Govt deal. No tenders were involved. And cost will differ on the quantity you order. This is basic economics. Also the cost will differ on specifications as requested by the end user. So called scam exists only in your fertile mind. And stop posting misleading statements unless you have a solid proof.

But where are the orders from Indian army and government. Our procurement process is so slow , that like it takes ages to induct any new platform.
Seems like there is lack of political will , less budget and still Indian army reluctancy to trust indigenous products.
Indian mentality that war will never come to our shores , so why so hurry , we don't have any strategic goal in mind unlike China which wants to number one power , want to win win over Taiwan, Pakistan want Kashmir, so their preparation level is on another level. Even Pakistan is doing much better given their limited resources.

FYI. TATA is involved in the designing of KESTEREL AFV. Please do some proper homework before commenting on an organisation which is centuries old. Are you so naive to understand that IAF and IA are different service and APACHE is a Govt to Govt deal. No tenders were involved. And cost will differ on the quantity you order. This is basic economics. Also the cost will differ on specifications as requested by the end user. So called scam exists only in your fertile mind. And stop posting misleading statements unless you have a solid proof.
I know Tata is involved in screw driving but main product is from drdo

Even army generals later admitted mistake in ordering apache in different batches.
Real reason was IAF refused to share apache with Army. Usual turf battles. National interest can go to h3ll

I know Tata is involved in screw driving but main product is from drdo

Even army generals later admitted mistake in ordering apache in different batches.
Real reason was IAF refused to share apache with Army. Usual turf battles. National interest can go to h3ll
Can you back up your statement with solid proof ? Don't indulge in posting misleading information.
You claim to be an IIT an and according to you an IITian is equal to GOD. Why don't you change things instead of indulging in empty rhetorics?
You have zero knowledge about our corporate companies especially about TATA group of companies. If you manage to do even 1 percent of what they have done you will be known globally.

Can you back up your statement with solid proof ? Don't indulge in posting misleading information.
You claim to be an IIT an and according to you an IITian is equal to GOD. Why don't you change things instead of indulging in empty rhetorics?
You have zero knowledge about our corporate companies especially about TATA group of companies. If you manage to do even 1 percent of what they have done you will be known globally.
TATA making cars for decades still import engines and transmission from Germany and Italy.. IMAGINE..

they dont care for country.. only profitmaxxing and screwdriving..

TATA making cars for decades still import engines and transmission from Germany and Italy.. IMAGINE..

they dont care for country.. only profitmaxxing and screwdriving..
What did you achieve in life Mr.Frank ?
No company in the world can claim 100 percent ownership for their entire product portfolio. Are you aware US imports small arms from.Germany and other countries? Does it mean that US is incapable of manufacturing such weapons ? Many a times imports or having a JV saves time and costs. This is basic economics.
You are incapable of substantiating your statements with any solid proof . By posting some nonsensical messages you are trying to potray yourself as a defence expert . I pity you.

Barath forge (kalyani group) can make us self reliant in terms of artillery guns,tank guns and naval guns if the forces shows the support. Hope the views of the commission agents changes either themselves or through laws soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharjeel Shakih
Back