Partnership between PADC and HAL to Introduce Tejas Mk1A Aircraft to the Philippines

BrahMos-NG will have to face the same routine starting from late 2024 & early 2025. BrahMos-NG qualification on Tejas will happen after 2027-28 (atleast).
A fillipino would be thinking ..
Do i have a better package than Brahmos-NG and Tejas in my budget ?
I already have brahmos costal defence system, What's better than to maintain commonality in platform ?
For my point defence need and Anti ship operation what options do i have which fits my budget.
F-16 is over budget and FA50 is not a better fighting platform than tejas.

Renowned and HAL should never be in the same sentence.
They will end up getting 40 second hand F16's - financed by USA.

Integrating it as a stopgap for just three years? Doesn't seem economically sound.
His brain would not be able to calculate how long will it take to make the Tejas jets if ordered immediately , By 2027 they should have Brahmos ng on Tejas. So, no need for extras.

His brain would not be able to calculate how long will it take to make the Tejas jets if ordered immediately , By 2027 they should have Brahmos ng on Tejas. So, no need for extras.
What is the current antiship capability of Tejas!?
No missile.
What we are expecting - a missile which will come in existence in so and so timeline.
So basically, u r asking a foreign country to procure our jets with no current antiship capability but it will have in some years later, right!?

So basically ur asking a foreign country to be flexible and co-operate with us and wait till so and so years and who knows it might miss the timeline as it already did- it was supposed to start testing by now but I haven't seen anything about it instead of 1:1 models.

Again, what's wrong with integration of Harpoon on Tejas?? Don't the Jags use it too. We already have enough Harpoons in our arsenal.This is the exact attitude which I don't like- what's wrong with expanding ur fighter's existing weapon package!? Am I asking to use it!? No.

Great, now increase the level of indigenization. Prioritize refuelling systems, desi NGCCM, Astra Mk2 and array of air to ground weapons.
Ok.. all done, but from where HAL will get 404 engines for the additional numbers?? GE can supply only 20 annually.

Ok.. all done, but from where HAL will get 404 engines for the additional numbers?? GE can supply only 20 annually.
The order would also take some time to be signed, by that time we can arrange engines. Expectations are that by 2026 enhanced production of 404 engines would begin. HAl should also ask for enhanced requirement from 20 per annum to 24 per annum. In the long term, we should either enhance kaveri and make it up to the mark or order additional engines considering either exports may materialize alternatively they can be used for mid-life upgrades. HAL will have to enhance the price for Tejas MK1A by a small amount for additional cost for the inventory.

What is the current antiship capability of Tejas!?
Anti-ship missile:
2 × Kh-35
2 × Kh-59MK are already available for Tejas. NASM-MR will also be eventually developed for Tejas already under trials as anti-ship missile, and

if Philippines insist we can integrate other anti-ship missiles, but nothing so killer them Brahmos-ng. NASM-MR should be marketed.

what's wrong with integration of Harpoon on Tejas?
it will take atleast 5-8 years for Philliphines to get Tejas if they order today, by that time Brahmos NG will be ready, right now Tejas is fitted with
2 × Kh-59ME, Kh-59L, Kh-59T
AASM-Hammer (SBU-38/54/64)
for air to surface, they could add Taurus KEPD 350 also
and for Anti ship currently Tejas is fitted with
2 × Kh-35
2 × Kh-59MK
may be we can include Harpoons also.

2 × Kh-59MK are already available for Tejas.
That's why I always say don't relie on wiki for defense related things. Kh35 is not a part of Tejas weapon package and is neither integrated nor fired. KH 35 was a plan but never a reality.

Again this, is NAShM - MR available now!? No it's not. Forget that , I think Brahmos NG is more close to reality than NAShM.

I think Brahmos NG is more close to reality than NAShM.
NASM-mr is close to a reality, or some other similar air launched sub-sonic cruise missile as they have developed several types of cruise missile that are being launched by sea, submarine, and land, and so air trials should be expected any times. If they are launching cruise missile of their own from complex platforms like submarines, then having an air-launch version on horizon is something expected. Yes, if Philippines insist on some other missiles we can integrate, but we have our own products to sale.

NAShM- MR is far from integration on Tejas. Harpoon is the best option.
You people see that they are testing sub-sonic indigenous cruise missile from submarines, ships, and land. Now what is left testing from air. Brahmos-ng might be right now no tested, but sub-sonic cruise missiles are very much tested and the only platform left test from is from air that is air launch cruise missile .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neil B.
Back