PM Modi told me to personally brief you on talks with Zelenskyy: NSA Doval to President Putin

nsa_ajit_doval_putin_russia_1726150562491_1726151103397.jpg

Indian National Security Advisor Ajit Doval on Thursday told President Vladimir Putin that PM Narendra Modi had told him to personally brief the Russian President about the talks he had held with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Kyiv on Aug 23.

During a meeting with the Russian President in Konstantinovsky Palace in St Petersburg, Doval said: “PM told said he is keen to brief you about his visit to Ukraine and his meeting with President Zelenskyy.

And he wanted me to come specially and personally and brief you about the talks. The talks was in a very closed format; it was only the two leaders. “He (Zelenskyy) had his two persons with him, and I happened to be with the PM; so I was a witness to that, I attended the conversation,” Doval is seen telling President Putin, according to a video shared on social media by Sputnik.

During his visit to Kyiv on Aug 23, PM Modi had told President Zelenskyy that he is prepared to play a personal role to bring peace. PM Modi said that problems cannot be solved on the battlefield and that dialogue and diplomacy are the only way to resolve the conflict.

He also said that both sides to the conflict (Russia and Ukraine) will have to sit together, without wasting more time, and find ways to resolve the conflict, PM Modi said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinod raj
Back