IAF Unveils 2047 Vision with Fully Indigenous Stealth Fighters, Advanced UAVs, and Cutting-Edge Weapons to Dominate Indian Skies

The Su-30MKI has never truly been indigenous, just as the Jaguar, MiG-21, and others have never truly been indigenous. Heck, even the Tejas isn't technically indigenous, going by the number of foreign-sourced components used in it.
SU-30 MKI is already 70% indigenous, in the coming days it will become 100%.

Fully indigenous inventory? Does that mean we are planning on retiring the Su-30MKI and Rafale by that point, then? Because if not, then this "fully indigenous inventory" isn't happening.
Su30 MKI will definitely start retiring by then .. rafale will be there till 2060s

Agreed. I base my calculations off a 35 year airframe life, which can be extended to 42.5 years with a massive upgrade like the Super Sukhoi program.
But since the engine is destined to remain the rather inefficient Al-31F,I dont think that IAF will keep them for so long,and will definitely pull the plug quicker if better 5th Gen fighters with greater domestic content(such as a viable domestic powerplant) become available over time.

Su30 MKI will definitely start retiring by then .. rafale will be there till 2060s
Depends. If we get more Rafales under MRFA, then the type will be around till even the 2070s. If not, well, if you think maintaining 55-ish Mirage 2000s has become a challenge due to spares and the like, just you wait to see how worse it'll be with just 36 Rafales. In that case, the Rafale may well have to be retired early (late 2050s or early 2060s).

SU-30 MKI is already 70% indigenous, in the coming days it will become 100%.
No, it isn't. We still get some knocked-down kits from Russia, not to mention the engines themselves are built using Russian-supplied kits.

An aircraft is truly indigenous when you can build it completely within the nation without sourcing any critical components externally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikaz
Back