IAF's Initial Preference for Tejas MkII was Eurojet EJ200 not F414

IAF's Initial Preference for Tejas MkII was Eurojet EJ200 not F414

IAF Tejas MkII fighter jet program has seen an intriguing evolution in its engine selection. While the American-made GE F414IN6 engine is now confirmed to power this indigenous aircraft, it wasn't always the IAF's preferred choice.

In the early stages of the Tejas MkII's development, around 2010, the IAF reportedly expressed a strong preference for the European Eurojet EJ200 engine, the same powerplant that propels the formidable Eurofighter Typhoon. This inclination stemmed from a strategic desire to diversify the IAF's engine suppliers and reduce its over-dependence on a single foreign entity for such a critical component.

However, the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), the organization responsible for overseeing the Tejas program, ultimately made a different choice. The GE F414IN6 was selected as the Tejas MkII's engine, primarily due to its cost-effectiveness compared to the EJ200.

While the Tejas MkII is now set to fly with the GE F414IN6, the IAF's initial interest in the EJ200 serves as a reminder of the importance of considering multiple options and weighing various factors in defense acquisitions.

Ofcourse , noone is gonna complain about such stuff but that definitely causes problems....one of the major reasons why Rafale is preferred over Typhoon.
India literally said on record that it’s not a reason at all and cost is the ONLY factor. The sole factor,

lol…India was courted by every country that can make jets (except China of course). UAE refused F35 and went for Rafale. Indonesia rejected F18 and others. Greece is in NATO. So is Croatia. Qatar and Egypt operate all sort of western planes.

So many lies. So much hate just because India loves France and not your masters?
So much hate for imports and love for indegenous products as an Indian, but foreign Dallah's do the opposite.

India literally said on record that it’s not a reason at all and cost is the ONLY factor. The sole factor,
Where the h*ck have I written India on my statement!? Is India the only operator of Rafales!?

But only two Countries are involved in the engine RR&MTU, we can combine engine deal and TYPE -212CD Submarine with MTU Germany for EURO jet engine and Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft AG (HDW) .
Just 2......ask Pakistan what 💩they are dealing with regarding the WS13, RD93 ficaso.

Where the h*ck have I written India on my statement!? Is India the only operator of Rafales!?
You didn’t name anyone. So that makes all the operators a fair game. Nonetheless, Greece and Croatia are NATO members. Qatar operates both. So the list is long.

Boss, the sad part is that this election is also seeing a lot of people travel back to their hometowns and the like to vote. I personally did the same, and know of many people who did this. Despite this, we are seeing many people simply not going to vote to a booth that is barely 2 km away.
Anant, great to know you took time to go home and vote.
Atta boy!!!

Sad and disgusting to know that so many people are not exercising their divine right to vote in such a crucial election. India must go for UCC law immediately but now I do not know what the heck is happening.

IAF, or Indian military in general, is used to deal with such kunbaas. Su30 mki has parts from France, Israel and India, apart from Russia. Rafale has missiles from MBDA, which is another bhanumati ka kunbaa. Tejas itself is nothing short of it. Good luck making Tejas work if US or EU, either of them, sanction us. So this talk of sanctions is just B S. As long as US agrees, no one will stop. And once US sanctions, no one will do anything for long.
Benefits of being a superpower with its own military industrial complex - atmanirbharta is the only solution, that too fast.

Boss, the sad part is that this election is also seeing a lot of people travel back to their hometowns and the like to vote. I personally did the same, and know of many people who did this. Despite this, we are seeing many people simply not going to vote to a booth that is barely 2 km away.
Sad…Bharat must make it easy and online to vote as identities could be verified with Aadhar - doable with political will…

Sad…Bharat must make it easy and online to vote as identities could be verified with Aadhar - doable with political will…
Sir, if there are some steps taken to remove superfluous Aadhar Cards or cancellation of Aadhar cards when someone passes away, then this is definitely doable. If not online voting, even a proper postal ballot system would help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rupesh
Back