Su-35's High-Stakes Bid for India's Skies, Can It Outshine the Su-30MKI?

Su-35's High-Stakes Bid for India's Skies, Can It Outshine the Su-30MKI?

Russia's Su-35 fighter jet, a cutting-edge marvel of aviation technology, is making a bold bid to conquer Indian skies. This state-of-the-art aircraft, boasting a formidable arsenal and advanced avionics, is vying for a major contract with the Indian Air Force (IAF) under its multi-role fighter aircraft (MRFA) tender. But will it be enough to impress the IAF?

The Su-35, with its blistering speed of 2,500 km/h and an extensive range, is a technological powerhouse. Its diverse arsenal includes air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles, precision-guided weapons, and a 30mm cannon, making it a versatile asset in any combat scenario. The jet's phased array radar, capable of detecting targets from 100 km to 400 km, coupled with its advanced information and control system, ensures superior situational awareness for its pilots.

However, the Su-35 faces a formidable competitor—the IAF's existing fleet of Su-30MKI fighter jets, a customized variant of the Su-35 family designed specifically for India. Often referred to as the "Indian Super-30," these jets are already a force to be reckoned with. Upcoming upgrades could potentially elevate the Su-30MKI to one of the most advanced Flanker variants, raising questions about the necessity of acquiring the base model Su-35.

The Su-35's fate in India's skies ultimately hinges on a rigorous evaluation by the IAF. The decision will likely depend on a meticulous assessment of its capabilities, cost-effectiveness, and compatibility with the existing infrastructure and systems.

While the Su-35 boasts impressive specifications and capabilities, its success in securing the Indian contract is far from guaranteed. The IAF's final decision will be shaped by a complex interplay of technical, financial, and geopolitical considerations.

Will the Su-35's advanced features and versatility be enough to sway the IAF? Or will the existing Su-30MKI fleet and other competing options prove more appealing? Only time will tell.

i've looked enough. cant find $hit. perhaps you are spreading misinformation and backing off when confronted ? if what you say existed, i should have been able to find in 2 min. i spent about 15min.
So please tell me what you found. Let’s see if you looked at all or not. Let’s see how many lies you are spreading.

Correct, also time is important here, even made in india rafale will take time to start produce.
Importing is impossible.
minimum 10 years, by that time we will have atleast 300 Tejas both MK1A/MK1B and MK2., then what is the point of getting a 4th gen aircraft.

Budget is only $17Bln.
Current defence budget is $75 billions out of which $20.6 billions are earmarked for defence capital. After revision at the end ,it may go $ 21-22 billions. Any MRFA will require at least 7-8 years for execution. After 7-8 years Indian defence capital budget is expected to be about $ 50 billions if present % age of 27.6 is enhanced to 35% of total budget. If you assume an statistical mean at about $36 billions , you can easily spend $4 billions per year on MRFA for 7-8 years.

Thats an absurd argument that due to western sanctions we cant buy Russian item. Fcuk american sanctions.
If we need something we should buy it and do not think of sanctions.
Not my argument at all.
USA passed CAATSA legislation to discourage countries like India, Vietnam, etc from buying Russian arms.
Otherwise, India would have bought much needed weapons and spares from Russia.
Sad indeed but that is how international relationships working now.

SU-35s, SU-57s, and any further S-400s armaments are considered to be new acquisition and falls under the stringent CAATSA law rules.
It is very difficult to acquire and pay for those systems as the dollar is the king of trading currency..
India is already having terrible difficulty paying for oil too.

India can buy 12 SU-30MKIs and 21 Mig-29s without incurring any sanctions.

Furthermore, President Putin is visiting crimnal china this month and Russia practically turned over to china as a vassal state.
It is best to build out own fighters at a faster clip.

Some things surely going to happen soon.
Hold on now, you talk about China but Russia is also taking over the land of another country . Yes just like China has been doing with India , but Russia is taking as much of Ukraine as it can, America is trying to stop Russia and China from doing these terrible things at the cost sometimes at the cost of Amrrican lives, it is a big price to pay for friendship . It seems Ametica has been pushed into the role of policeman, no one likes a policeman until they need him ! If America was to say "ok we are not going to help you if another country tries to take over your country" would people of the world like this, most people don't seem to care until it happens to them, then America who has nothing to gain , sends its young men and women to the country in need, it often cost them their lives when they had nothing to gain.

Kakakakak US and other western countries are also criminal in the eyes of some Slavs and Russian... It's normal to Russian and China doing business like we are doing business with Russian and American too... There's nothing wrong init
You maybe correct in some ways, but mostbtimesvwhen America is in a conflict , it is because other countries such as China and Russia are trying to take over their land or country, Amrrica then sends in it's young soilders , they often to young to legally drink a beer, but they lay their lives on the line for others, for Law and order, In almost every war America has fought, it did so inorder to help a people who was being bullied by a bigger more powrtful country . If China were to become the most powerful countries on Earth , do you think the people would be free? Dobyou think this friendship would be at no cost? America don't want to be the worlds policeman , but if it doesn't , who will ?

Russia is not China's vassal. They did authorize the sale of Brahmos to Ph to be used against China. Its a temporary marriage. They have the same BS with China that we are facing. China wants Vladivostok and created internal chaos there.
I have always hoped Russia and America could be very good friends one day, but i think that was a wish i think i waisted . Most people of Indis are good people , we have millions of indians here in America. I have never read anywhere that India was trying to take over another country , I think Americans and Inans have much in common , I think America wan't to help India protect it's people . Maybe someday people will become smarter and war's will become a thing of the past , but thos day have not arrived yet my friend, let us pray.

I have always hoped Russia and America could be very good friends one day, but i think that was a wish i think i waisted . Most people of Indis are good people , we have millions of indians here in America. I have never read anywhere that India was trying to take over another country , I think Americans and Inans have much in common , I think America wan't to help India protect it's people . Maybe someday people will become smarter and war's will become a thing of the past , but thos day have not arrived yet my friend, let us pray.
No it wont. China is past its prime. They are on the decline. They should have made their moves in 2015. With the major military restructuring they have done, they have lost their window of opportunity. The globalists have finished them off. Its going to be a long fall into irrelevance for China now. Their economy is gone, demographic disaster, given too much time to their enemies to prepare. So its game over for China.

Russia has weathered the worst crisis. Why would they give up their autonomy to a dictatorship thats directly threatening their territory ? Russians are smart at playing, they cleverly maneuvered the war. Now they will solidify their game and have a balanced economic relations with China, thats it. Everybody who has dealt with China is afraid of them (except Pak - they outdid the Chinese & played their game right back at them). Nobody wants to surrender their autonomy to China.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CutDalla
Back