Adani-Elbit Team Targets Indian Army Mounted Gun Contract with Customized ATMOS

Adani-Elbit Team Targets Indian Army Mounted Gun Contract with Customized ATMOS

Adani Defence and Aerospace, partnering with Elbit Systems, is gearing up to compete for a major Indian Army contract: 800 Mounted Gun Systems (MGS). They plan to offer a customized system based on Elbit's respected ATMOS 155mm/52 calibre truck-mounted howitzer, produced largely in India.

What Makes the ATMOS Special
  • Adaptable: Can be mounted on various 6x6 or 8x8 truck platforms, chosen by the customer.
  • Crew Focus: The protected cabin fits 2-6 crew comfortably, even in harsh climates thanks to advanced air conditioning.
  • Tech-Ready Accepts cutting-edge systems: navigation, battlefield displays, fire control, and more, for precision and awareness.
Competition Ahead

Adani-Elbit's ATMOS-based system will face stiff competition from the DRDO-Kalyani 155mm/52 calibre truck-mounted howitzer, based on India's own Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS). Adani also intends to offer a towed version of the ATMOS for the Army's 400-unit Towed Gun System (TGS) tender. This sets up a clash between local and imported technology.

Why wasted tax payers money in designing ATAGS when you wish to take Israeli weapons for cash back.
It should never be allowed to take products which are designed in India.
These private companies will grease the palms and do assembling in the name of make in India and never allow our design skills to grow.

What's going on - fist LT offered Elbit's Athos towed gun and now Adanis offering their Atmos mounted gun! Looks like after LT's ATMANIRBHAR screw driver assembly plant in Gujarat, even Adani's new ATMANIRBHAR screw driver assembly plant in UP is 'IDLING'.

There is no way that a foreign gun will be chosen as they have already developed a number of indigenously designed and developed guns that can be made in India. We need more guns that can shoot and scoot very quickly or move positions as quick as possible. We already have the ATAGS and various other kalyani guns mounted on a truck so priority will first go with an Indian company that makes it India. There is currently a ban and embargo of importing any foreign guns as our indigenous guns meet the military requirements.

Why wasted tax payers money in designing ATAGS when you wish to take Israeli weapons for cash back.
These private companies will grease the palms and do assembling in the name of make in India and never allow our design skills to grow.
Please ask this from DRDO. They knew perfectly well that all the GCVs in Indian army are for 16 ton limit. So why did they waste our money in designing an 18 ton monster? Still, our patriotic army is buying them (tender for new trucks is out which can only be used for ATAGS). But since the cost is higher, they have to reduce the number. Isn’t this akin to treason by damaging the operational capability of the army?

There is no way that a foreign gun will be chosen as they have already developed a number of indigenously designed and developed guns that can be made in India. We need more guns that can shoot and scoot very quickly or move positions as quick as possible. We already have the ATAGS and various other kalyani guns mounted on a truck so priority will first go with an Indian company that makes it India. There is currently a ban and embargo of importing any foreign guns as our indigenous guns meet the military requirements.
Please read DAP 2020.

What's going on - fist LT offered Elbit's Athos towed gun and now Adanis offering their Atmos mounted gun! Looks like after LT's ATMANIRBHAR screw driver assembly plant in Gujarat, even Adani's new ATMANIRBHAR screw driver assembly plant in UP is 'IDLING'.
At least L&T’s plant is idling after completion of order. Unlike OFB where army is still waiting for the guns.

This will truly test the depth of GOI atmanirbharata program. Will be fun to watch now.

You still haven’t even told me which part that I said isn’t right? 😂
The whole thing buddy. Read chapter 1 and you will find out. Or if you have read, tell me and then I will prove how bad your reading comprehension skills are.

The whole thing buddy. Read chapter 1 and you will find out. Or if you have read, tell me and then I will prove how bad your reading comprehension skills are.
First tell me what part that I have said isn’t right? You can’t just say something without even backing it up or giving any facts as to what I said isn’t right.

First tell me what part that I have said isn’t right? You can’t just say something without even backing it up or giving any facts as to what I said isn’t right.
Well if you had read DAP, you would know that there are 5 categories under which defense items can be procured. 3 of those qualify as made in India. These include Buy (IDDM), Buy (I), and Buy and Make (India). And now up to 100% FDI is also allowed in Defense. So, pursuant to varying degrees of indigenous content as requisite under the respective category, products from foreign vendors can be made in India even if they are in the import ban list. And they don’t even need an Indian partner. They can set up a subsidiary wholly owned by them. The import ban list is only related to how much of the actual manufacturing happens on Indian soil. Not about the product development or the manufacturer itself.

Because clowns are running the show and they are everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IB
Back