Adani-Elbit Team Targets Indian Army Mounted Gun Contract with Customized ATMOS

Adani-Elbit Team Targets Indian Army Mounted Gun Contract with Customized ATMOS

Adani Defence and Aerospace, partnering with Elbit Systems, is gearing up to compete for a major Indian Army contract: 800 Mounted Gun Systems (MGS). They plan to offer a customized system based on Elbit's respected ATMOS 155mm/52 calibre truck-mounted howitzer, produced largely in India.

What Makes the ATMOS Special
  • Adaptable: Can be mounted on various 6x6 or 8x8 truck platforms, chosen by the customer.
  • Crew Focus: The protected cabin fits 2-6 crew comfortably, even in harsh climates thanks to advanced air conditioning.
  • Tech-Ready Accepts cutting-edge systems: navigation, battlefield displays, fire control, and more, for precision and awareness.
Competition Ahead

Adani-Elbit's ATMOS-based system will face stiff competition from the DRDO-Kalyani 155mm/52 calibre truck-mounted howitzer, based on India's own Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS). Adani also intends to offer a towed version of the ATMOS for the Army's 400-unit Towed Gun System (TGS) tender. This sets up a clash between local and imported technology.

Akshat is nothing but a idiot suffering for inferiority complex, who thinks everything imported is better

And ur beloved Army was sleeping all this time during design development and testing of ATAGS that it could not realize the gun is 3+ kgs overweight???

Whom r u fooling dear Akshat?
Not 3+ kg, 3 tons.

And again, I would refer you to the DAP 2020. It clearly states the procedure. Army has not been given any role in the matter except providing specs and conducting trials.

India already has many indigenous companies that make 100% of the gun entirely by themselves without any foreign content. Also priority will go to Indian companies who make it entirely over those made with foreign content or partnered with another foreign company. Also except for SAAB no other foreign company has decided to invest 100% of their company in India to make 100% of their weapon.
Not my contention. But his is what you said.

“ There is currently a ban and embargo of importing any foreign guns as our indigenous guns meet the military requirements.”

I am just pointing out that you should read DAP before spreading rumors. If made in India by Adani (or any other Indian registered entity), with requisite indigenous content, the gun will qualify as indigenous gun.

MGS tender should have been IDDM category.
No chance for any guns other than ATAGS MGS, Dhanush MGS (though plagued by manufacturing delaus) or Kalyani's Bahrat 52 MGS (if they can develop one).

Now that ATAGS is "overweight", (even though they satisfy all Army's needs just except the weight) and not much towed systems shall be bought, Army should go with the MGS variant.
Except ‘just’ the weight? And why exactly did DRDO decide to violate the most important requirement, stated as a critical requirement by the army? Can you please answer that? And please don’t tell me that the extra weight is due to the extra features. No one asked for those features. But army asked for the right weight. So you are giving them something they don’t need and taking away something they absolutely require.

Don't worry. He has the 56 inch in his pocket. Rules can be changed for him.
Oh rules are only changed for DRDO. Like how they forced the army to buy brand new trucks when they didn’t meet the ASQRs for their ATAGS junk.

Akshat is nothing but a idiot suffering for inferiority complex, who thinks everything imported is better
Awww…and you have to name me just to get some attention. So much of superiority complex.

Oh rules are only changed for DRDO. Like how they forced the army to buy brand new trucks when they didn’t meet the ASQRs for their ATAGS junk.
You want to say that ATAGS and TATA, ashok Leyland and TATRA trucks are junk.

like I predicted, earlier. low and behold the mighty ATMOS will make it into the Indian Army, like Hermes 900. we will keep cribbing on this forum, shame on the corrupt people, who are cheating India. Shame on us, who are not raising our voices

DaawatParSabkoBulao 🥗🌮🍲🍛

Not only Elbit, invite Nexter, BAe & Krauss-Maffei for a fair & open trial. Let pvt. cos. form SPs with foreign OEM. DRDO will get a "reality check" on its MGS by competing with some of the world's best❗

Israel found a capable agent to cripple India's domestic development and put in their spy ware. Five eyes must be pleased with Adani.
I agree that the Isreal have found many capable agents and they are all rubbing their hands with happiness.
BUT WTF has five eyes got to do with this.

Absolutely, positively, and flatly a BIG NO.
We no longer need foreign maals in Howitzers areas, except South Korean K-9 Vajras.
Only Indian Howitzers of all kinds, and also 200 K-9 Vajras if SK cedes gun TOT and 100% localization.
So who will supply the army's requirements? Did you notice the numbers needed, 800, is there any single vendor capable of supplying so many . Perhaps you can help.

The defence industry has just started walking, future is bright provided this government stays on.
but if they keep buying foreign products when there is comparable locally made product, then what is the point.

like I predicted, earlier. low and behold the mighty ATMOS will make it into the Indian Army, like Hermes 900. we will keep cribbing on this forum, shame on the corrupt people, who are cheating India. Shame on us, who are not raising our voices
Stage is set, drum beats are on and paid agent will be active in forums, social media and news world to start slowly poisoning the mind of innocent Indians. How great ATHOS is, how is it made in India (with indian name ) and how it will generate revenue in Gujrat etc. Bhakt will fall for it.

Just a sad story where party/local interest place before country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raja Raja Cholan
Back