Navy's INS Vagsheer Submarine Delivery Delayed Until Late June-2024

Navy's INS Vagsheer Submarine Delivery Delayed Until Late June-2024

The Indian Navy's eagerly awaited sixth and final Kalvari-class submarine, INS Vagsheer, is facing a minor delay in delivery. Sources indicate that the vessel is now expected to join the fleet by late June 2024, a slight shift from the earlier projected timeline of early 2024.

While the delay is notable, it does not diminish the importance of INS Vagsheer's eventual induction. The submarine's arrival signifies the completion of Project 75, a critical program aimed at strengthening India's submarine capabilities and underwater defense posture.

The Kalvari-class submarines, including INS Vagsheer, are renowned for their state-of-the-art features and advanced stealth technology, making them a formidable asset for the Indian Navy. These submarines are designed for various missions, including anti-submarine warfare, intelligence gathering, and surveillance.

The addition of INS Vagsheer is expected to significantly bolster the Indian Navy's maritime security and strategic deterrence in the region. It enhances the Navy's ability to safeguard India's vast coastline and protect its maritime interests.

We should make four Super Scorpene with vertical launch tubes capable to fire Nirbhay, BrahMos missiles !

We should make four Super Scorpene with vertical launch tubes capable to fire Nirbhay, BrahMos missiles !
The Super Scropene design does not exist. You can't just cut open the hull and add a VLS plug. Doing something like that entails a massive redesign of the whole submarine.

The Super Scropene design does not exist. You can't just cut open the hull and add a VLS plug. Doing something like that entails a massive redesign of the whole submarine.
Agreed. But between P-75Is and P-76s will IN have UVLS, non metallic stealth hull, AIPs with batteries, in a 4000 ton class with propulsers??? While we upgrade the 9 kalvaris with AIP and to fire SLCMs from torpedo tubes….hopefullly all in place by 2035-2040….We need to hit these timelines, capacity by accelerating domestic SSK manufacturing with 2 lines - say MDL and L&T with a capacity for 2 subs/ year…

Agreed. But between P-75Is and P-76s will IN have UVLS, non metallic stealth hull, AIPs with batteries, in a 4000 ton class with propulsers??? While we upgrade the 9 kalvaris with AIP and to fire SLCMs from torpedo tubes….hopefullly all in place by 2035-2040….We need to hit these timelines, capacity by accelerating domestic SSK manufacturing with 2 lines - say MDL and L&T with a capacity for 2 subs/ year…
One hopes so, Sir. One sincerely hopes so. The only thing I am not entirely confident of in what you listed is a propulsor, which to my knowledge, is essentially a pumpjet, which may not be optimal on SSKs.

Besides that, we should have P-75I and P-76 in service or entering service by 2035-40, at which point if we can even manage 1 submarine a year, we should do reasonably well, considering P-76 is still planned to be 12 boats, and not more.

One hopes so, Sir. One sincerely hopes so. The only thing I am not entirely confident of in what you listed is a propulsor, which to my knowledge, is essentially a pumpjet, which may not be optimal on SSKs.

Besides that, we should have P-75I and P-76 in service or entering service by 2035-40, at which point if we can even manage 1 submarine a year, we should do reasonably well, considering P-76 is still planned to be 12 boats, and not more.
Great…I know pump jets require large amounts of power thus the need for nuclear propulsion - hopefully the french may share that for our SSNs and S5 SSBNs, which will make for quiet movement…SSKs are max 4000ton boats and thus may not have the power but will use of Lithium Ion batteries make them quieter than SSNs with pump jets or can we have P-76s Phase 2 with lithium ion and pump jets making them the quietest ones around similar to what the swedes have or even better…of course now the aussie UUVs and the american manta ray UUVs are maybe quieter as they are unmanned…thoughts???

Great…I know pump jets require large amounts of power thus the need for nuclear propulsion - hopefully the french may share that for our SSNs and S5 SSBNs, which will make for quiet movement…SSKs are max 4000ton boats and thus may not have the power but will use of Lithium Ion batteries make them quieter than SSNs with pump jets or can we have P-76s Phase 2 with lithium ion and pump jets making them the quietest ones around similar to what the swedes have or even better…of course now the aussie UUVs and the american manta ray UUVs are maybe quieter as they are unmanned…thoughts???
Those UUVs should arguably be quieter, but I would say it's too early to speculate on their exact capabilities. We have our own UUVs in the works as well, so we shall see how that goes.

If we can weaponise those UUVs, then they can be a major force multiple, especially for coastal defence and patrol.

Those UUVs should arguably be quieter, but I would say it's too early to speculate on their exact capabilities. We have our own UUVs in the works as well, so we shall see how that goes.

If we can weaponise those UUVs, then they can be a major force multiple, especially for coastal defence and patrol.
the darpa manta ray is non nuclear propulsion, can be dismantled and moved worldwide in 3 standard containers via a C-17…unsure of its endurance , sensors and weapons…even the chinese have a few…we should deploy our own in numbers for coastal defense, isr and with a torpedo or 2 to threaten chinese ships in the ior…

Delay is as expected from DPSU. Anyways, atleast this gets concluded. Hope.P75I gets started immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guddu kumar
Back