Boeing Offers Integration of Indian-Made Weapons on F-18 and F-15EX to Secure India's MRFA Deal

Boeing Offers Integration of Indian-Made Weapons on F-18 and F-15EX to Secure India's MRFA Deal

In a strategic maneuver to secure India's lucrative Multi-Role Fighter Aircraft (MRFA) tender, Boeing has made a groundbreaking offer to integrate Indian-made weapons onto their F-18E/F Super Hornet and F-15EX fighter jets. This unprecedented move is seen as a significant bid to win the contract to supply 114 fighter jets to the Indian Air Force (IAF), a deal valued at over $18 billion.

The offer to integrate indigenous weaponry like the Astra Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (BVRAAM), Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW), and Next-Generation Anti-Ship Missile (NASM-MR) aligns seamlessly with India's "Make in India" initiative and its growing focus on self-reliance in defence production.

While Boeing's competitors like Lockheed Martin, Dassault, and Eurofighter are also vying for the MRFA contract, this unique proposition could give Boeing a distinct advantage. Integrating Indian-made weapons would not only boost India's domestic defense industry but also enhance the operational capabilities of the IAF.

The specifics of how Boeing plans to integrate these weapons onto their platforms are still under wraps. However, it's expected that the company will modify the avionics, sensors, and communication systems of their F-18 and F-15EX jets to seamlessly accommodate Indian-made armaments.

This strategic move by Boeing could potentially be a game-changer in the MRFA competition. It reflects Boeing's willingness to adapt to India's specific needs and could pave the way for a long-term partnership between Boeing and the Indian defense industry. As the competition heats up, the coming months will reveal whether this bold move will be the deciding factor in Boeing securing the MRFA deal.

I still believe that India should go for MRFA. Be it Rafale, F21 or F15ex it's better to fight and die than sitting down without weapons.

Be it Renaming F-21, or F-18&F-15Ex all these 3 are old design Fighter Jets India wants Latest Design jets , US is trying hard to win MRFA by pitching 3 Fighter jet. They also put pressure behind the wall to select their Fighter jet. India also have Nirbhay, Rudram series , Brahmos-NG Which US forgot .Third party weapon system should also allowed. will US allow Nuke delivery on their Fighter jets............??? First they should meet the Tech parameters set by IAFin MRFA .

Personally, it seems so funny.
All participants are falling head over heels to woo IAF for MRFA with new offers everyday, but not a murmur from our hibernating IAF or MOD on the subject, sitting on the files to see who will incubate the chicks first..

Personally, it seems so funny.
All participants are falling head over heels to woo IAF for MRFA with new offers everyday, but not a murmur from our hibernating IAF or MOD on the subject, sitting on the files to see who will incubate the chicks first..
As per the latest ‘murmur’, the timeframe for AoN is the later half of this financial year. Let’s see.

Ofcourse they have to be open for integration of Indian weapons, provide modification and upgrade rights. But it's an old platform we don't need. US must keep it for itself.

India first test F-15EX-II performance over Himalayan heights if find good then make F-15Ex-II followed by F-XX here in India ! Under MRFA we should make Rafale F-5 with MUT !

I still believe that India should go for MRFA. Be it Rafale, F21 or F15ex it's better to fight and die than sitting down without weapons.
yes there is no choice other than going for MRFA, so anything under $135Mln with full weapons package would be ideal, but there might definitely be some strings attached to GE deal like buying a jet probably a mix of F15 and F21/F/A-18, so it is more clear now that Rafale won't be selected for 114 MRFA jets, they might order 18-36 more Rafale's at a later date if need arrises, off the shelf Naval Rafale deal just confirms this.

Exactly
Waiting for the immovable object, that is HAL-ADA-DRDO to produce you your requirements would take years, making it dangerous for us as we will be stuck in a single supplier bottleneck.

India first test F-15EX-II performance over Himalayan heights if find good then make F-15Ex-II followed by F-XX here in India ! Under MRFA we should make Rafale F-5 with MUT !
Yes this would be the best option as we mgiht follow this order with F35.

F-15EX with American and Indian weapons systems will send shivers down the spines of terroristan/beggeristan and criminal chinese ccp and its pla.
Absolutely no doubt about it as F-15EX is known as Flying Bomb Truck with massive firepower.

Ofcourse they have to be open for integration of Indian weapons, provide modification and upgrade rights. But it's an old platform we don't need. US must keep it for itself.
F-15EX has the most powerful radar in the whole competition. It is the only radar, barring possibly that of the Eurofighter, that can pick up the J-20.

ONLY F15EX and Gripen-E are viable cost effective options for MRFA tender closures now... F15EX of course would be 4 times more deadlier than GripenE for its costs v/s performance ratio...

Still fail to understand as I am not & expert but still fill why go for such a big deal depending on overseas manufacturers where they can stop all weapons spares sell during emergency instead should go for more Tejas MK2 & add 2/3 squadrons of Rafale Mk 4 & invest more on anti aircrafts systems more missiles rockets drones etc

ONLY F15EX and Gripen-E are viable cost effective options for MRFA tender closures now... F15EX of course would be 4 times more deadlier than GripenE for its costs v/s performance ratio...
Gripen was thrown out of MMRCA last time. Not to mention, it was sold to Brazil at prices higher than Rafale. 😂😂 F15 is way too costly. Indonesian offer proves it. In fact, even F18 is way too costly as our naval tender proves.

if we can get 114 Rafale's for $17Bln, then I am for Rafale, if not we have to look at other options.

I have been thinking the same all these while. My main concern is Tejas Mk2 I am not sure the timeline given by HAL will stay or more adjustments to come in the later stages. The AMCA and TEDBF roll out date to happen I am not sure when. Depending on the rate production of Tejas Mk1A to fulfil the 42 squadrons is years away. The CCS members in the new government must realise and foresee the critical inadequacy of a formidable firepower will stretch the IAF firepower thin and futile to withstand either one or two pronged attack. I strongly believe 114 MRFA procurement is an essential requirement not by choice. The CCS in the new government must act fast bcoz adversaries don't give invitation for war.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Satheesh Santhamurthy
Back