Kaveri Engine: Latest Developments & Discussion

It's passed the high altitude test and ready for production.
Pleas understand it did not undergo fly test. It only was tested at high altitude simulated environment (at ground)
Motors (CIAM) in Russia, simulating an altitude of 13,000 m (42,651 ft).

Doesn’t contain any Russian or official source. Not even one.
You asked for a link. I sent you one which is from a neutral source because then you would moan about partiality. Ok here's another one.

Pleas understand it did not undergo fly test. It only was tested at high altitude simulated environment (at ground)
Motors (CIAM) in Russia, simulating an altitude of 13,000 m (42,651 ft).
It underwent and passed its high altitude simulated test which includes temperature, wind, snow, rain etc. It has flown as well.

You check with your French patrons. They’d certified it about 5 years back for limited flight trials on Tejas.
Nope, they didn’t. What they said was that it can be used, with M88 core. Kaveri as it is was useless.

True, but any progress from these folks, considering their usual shenanigans, is still massive.
If there is an actual development, then yes, it’s a big deal. But there is nothing new happening here. This has happened in the past and we have seen the results.

You asked for a link. I sent you one which is from a neutral source because then you would moan about partiality. Ok here's another one.
Still no comment from Russia. I said show me a single link where anyone has said on record that Russia has certified the engine. Even DRDO never claims that because they know it’s a lie. They only give unnamed sources. Show me something with a name. Someone who is ready to say it on record.

Too little too late kind of development. All these news that are proudly displayed here tell a sad tale of missed opportunities. These are works that should have been done four decades ago.

To export Tejas Series Kaveri engine and indigenous Avionics, Radome, ejection Seats are important.

USA will kill this programme by hook or crook. All those human rights, Democracy index, cast & religious discrimination allegations, Sikh for Justice actually tools of deep State of USA to achieve this goal. They want us dependent on them for ever. Our Political class is hand in glove with them

I highly doubt that. The Kaveri has a dry thrust of 45-48 kN. Taking that to 73 kN on wet thrust translates to roughly a 60% increase in thrust using an afterburner.

However, reaching 90 kN would mean 87.5-100% increase in thrust using an afterburner. From memory, there is not a single engine that has ever achieved this feat. The highest thrust increases generally come in at 70% or so, unless you look at some Russian engines that can do 80% extra thrust on the emergency thrust setting, but that tends to ruin the engine. 90 kN may simply not be possible using just an improved afterburner. The core may need to be altered.
F404 has dry thrust 48kn and afterburner 84kn. That is 75 percent increase. Looks 🙈 like they need to increase dry thrust.

Read the article again. It mentions the possibility of substituting a 90 kN derivative on the Tejas. That said, it could, atleast in theory, be used on the HLFT-42 as well, but we shall see.
Another 30 years later only 90KN engine will come out of GTRE. Dey r 100% SAME as HAL only talks to boost equity in markets.

Not as per any official.
Yes you asked for a link I provided you with two so just stop making excuses and feeling embarrassed that you were WRONG and that the engine passed its test in Russia’s.

Yes you asked for a link I provided you with two so just stop making excuses and feeling embarrassed that you were WRONG and that the engine passed its test in Russia’s.
None of which provided any source. So stop arguing and show proof. You are the one who has been humiliated here. The engine is useless and hasn’t passed anything.

None of which provided any source. So stop arguing and show proof. You are the one who has been humiliated here. The engine is useless and hasn’t passed anything.
Jane’s is an independent source that’s very well respected in the defence community with accurate information. If your so desperate I’m sure you can find what you want on Google but I’m not wasting my time finding something that I’ve already found and shown.

Jane’s is an independent source that’s very well respected in the defence community with accurate information. If your so desperate I’m sure you can find what you want on Google but I’m not wasting my time finding something that I’ve already found and shown.
So you accept that Russia has never certified Kaveri. Good that you accepted your lies. Exposed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmoghaVarsha
Back