Indian Navy's P-8I Aircraft Joins RIMPAC 2024, Strengthening Multinational Maritime Cooperation

111552006.jpg

The Indian Navy's P-8I maritime patrol aircraft has arrived in Hawaii to participate in Exercise Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) 2024, the world's largest international maritime exercise.

This year's RIMPAC, hosted by the US Pacific Fleet, involves 29 nations, 40 ships, 3 submarines, and over 150 aircraft, with a focus on enhancing cooperation and interoperability among participating forces.

Held biennially, RIMPAC serves as a crucial platform for strengthening multilateral relations and improving preparedness to promote a free and open Indo-Pacific.

The 2024 edition, which commenced on June 27 with the harbor phase, brings together armed forces from diverse regions, including South Korea, Japan, India, Southeast Asia, South Asia, Latin America, and Europe.

The exercise consists of a harbor phase followed by a sea phase, divided into three sub-phases. Participants engage in a wide array of training activities, encompassing combat and contingency training across land, air, and sea domains.

These activities include amphibious landings, urban combat training, anti-submarine warfare, ship sinking exercises, cyber operations, and space operations.

The inclusion of India's P-8I aircraft in RIMPAC 2024 underscores the nation's commitment to collaborative maritime security efforts in the Indo-Pacific region.

The exercise, scheduled to conclude on August 1, is expected to significantly enhance the operational capabilities and interoperability of the participating forces, contributing to a more secure and stable maritime environment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajai Vaidyanathan
Back