Kaveri Engine: Latest Developments & Discussion

It happened back in 2011 and the progress happened after that you can't see with blind folded when you are against a thing!! Just stop spreading lies!!
Since 2011 they have spent 100 crores. And they asked Safran for an audit and Safran said the entire hot core needs to be changed. In 2019 it was stopped and then dry Kaveri was started hence proving that nothing in the engine worked.

So stop spreading lies. Open your blind fold to see the truth,

First engine test infrastructure has to come up. Serious engine development needs atleast bare minimum investment in test infrastructure. The problem with us is, we are good at bean counting but not invest in infrastructure required for development.

So you are part of the history!! And what about new result that happens recently that it is successfully tested now??
according to you if a product fails in initial stage it is just bad product??? I don't think so everything is a part of failure and success!!!
You are talking about 2011 and what happened after that nothing matters to you why just spreading a lot of lies here!!
Please show me the official statement that the engine is a success and can be used for anything. Let’s see. If it has been approved for any usage, I will accept my fault. Not future plans, but current reality.

So again a bunch of lies to spread here!! It successfully tested in last tests in Russia after that when Gov gave them permission to further improvement they are ready to build many more prototypes with the godrej and I think it's deadline is at the end of 2024 that they will start testing this engine in 2-3 years kaveri engine will be further tested and get certified for further improvement!!
well current issues faced by kaveri engine is it's weight is bit of high and its current thrusts is not applicable to Tejas program while it will be certified for the Ucav program lets wait untill fine retuning of this engine!!
Ok prove me wrong. Please show me the official statement or press release that says it has passed any tests in Russia. Whatever I have said is officially attested. Let’s see your proof.

Trust me when the new engine comes out definitely will become old version cause Indian will delay everything in 20 years 😂

But we want everything at a discount, and a lot of "EDUCATED" lawmakers don't see long term benefits.

Few of the western nations were clever to take the expert and bright minds during and after world war2, and they're miles ahead in defense. Acquiring good talent is also such a skill. Take example of Marut aircraft developed by a scientist who migrated from Germany (I believe), had we maintained and continued further with the ecosystem. We wouldn't be sitting on MRFA for decades.

The utter negligence and ignorance of lawmakers is what stopping Bharat from being a super power.
america and russia was developed by lots of captured german scientists, Including by NASA
We had famous German warplane designer Kurt Tank, he had Marut built in no time.
Perhaps HAL should hire a german Chief.

The engine made by GTRE didn’t work with the after burner. This is on record.

And of course, you guys can’t remember the proof whenever it is against DRDO.

The money was for making a perfectly working 70 kN class engine. It is well established that that engine never came despite leftover funds.

And what’s wrong with going to Russia? GoI was paying
The engine was stable at 65 kN afterburning when it was taken for flight testing in Russia. That was way back in 2009, do you think no development had taken place since then ?

By 2012 it was stable at 70.4 kN afterburning when it was taken for flight-testing in Russia once again.

The thing is I can give you as many evidences as I want, but a person with an agenda won't even understand the basic fact that High Altitude Test Facility and Flight Tests Beds are the bare minimum necessities for developing engines worldwide.

Even after having all these, development of such high class technologies is nearly always prone to delays, because these aren't merely based on bookish knowledge. This is a field of applied knowledge where you constantly try and fail. In the midst, you learn. No sane country stops funding for a decade like what happened with Kaveri.

Kaveri at the current stage has not been proved good for any purpose, neither for manned aircraft nor for UAV's. What is the basis for asking for any further funding without demonstrating any success of any kind ??
🙄 So IAF , MOD are stupid to give it a green flag to develop GHATAK with a kaveri engine ?

Please show me the official statement that the engine is a success and can be used for anything. Let’s see. If it has been approved for any usage, I will accept my fault. Not future plans, but current reality.
Search it on web I think that you can do about successful test flight of kaveri in Russia!!

Ok prove me wrong. Please show me the official statement or press release that says it has passed any tests in Russia. Whatever I have said is officially attested. Let’s see your proof.
Do you know India doesn't have any certification agency to certify engines!!! That's why certification is going to take time while new prototypes is made just for the certification process to be completed and refine the engine on Tejas test bed!!

Do you know India doesn't have any certification agency to certify engines!!! That's why certification is going to take time while new prototypes is made just for the certification process to be completed and refine the engine on Tejas test bed!!
So what you are saying is that no one in the world has said that the engine as of now can be used for anything and you were just lying? I said so.

🙄 So IAF , MOD are stupid to give it a green flag to develop GHATAK with a kaveri engine ?
LOL ! MOD approves for non technical reasons. Mostly political, under pressure from ruling party. IAF is forced to toe MOD line. As for stupidity and incompetence, it is on full display with the Kaveri project with zero accountability for anything at all !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhimant Dungar
Back