Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) News and Discussion

If it means the early batches of the platform would have relatively fewer indigenous components or would have to use imported sub-systems and weapon systems, then so be it. Once the platform is put into service a detailed comprehensive batch upgrade roadmap can be drafted and then successive batches can incorporate greater degree of indigenous components as time passes.
The earlier batches having less indigenous content is an absolutely practical move that prioritises moving things forward and putting these systems in the field and in the hands of our armed forces. Indigenization should be incremental and should be backed up by our domestic research & development institutions and private/public production partners. I have yet to see this happen in a satisfactory manner. I've stopped hoping for it.

Haha great
Took 11 months ◉⁠‿⁠◉
For any government, clearing this much amount, especially with DRDO’s track record, I would say 11 months is amazing. I think almost everyone here was expecting it to be cleared only after elections.

Dude, you do realise that India is working on 3 fighyer aircraft at same time- tejas mk2, tedbf, amca. Also, CCS was waiting for the local production deal for f414 to be finalised before giving approval.
Get lost
India already had 10+ GE F-414s our of 99 ordered.
Local production is a separate issue.
No more

Get lost
India already had 10+ GE F-414s our of 99 ordered.
Local production is a separate issue.
No more
Issue was not the availability of engines for prototype, but deal for local production of them. There are certain milestones that need to be completed before additional funding. This is the norm for good project management. You dont just give a blank check as and when someone asks for money

Issue was not the availability of engines for prototype, but deal for local production of them. There are certain milestones that need to be completed before additional funding. This is the norm for good project management. You dont just give a blank check as and when someone asks for money
GE originally offered 60% TOT for local production.

Get lost and take your rantings elsewhere.

You must be the reincarnation of Akshat whom I already banned.
No more, go away in peace.

The AMCA was approved just recently in 2024, it would now at least take a year or two to fabricate the prototype itself. Now since its a new aircraft with a comparatively higher percentage of radical technologies, its bound to have a longer flight test regime. I would assume the AMCA would take at least 7-10 years to complete flight testing regime. Flight testing of AMCA is unlikely to be completed by 2035-37 even most optimistically. The production would take another 3-4 years, so the first units of AMCA would only enter service sometime in 2042.
It's good to hear someone finally talking sense on this issue... Don't know how people believe such unrealistic timelines as some gospel of truth looking at past track record of Drdo Hal Ada & Dpsu's

Name one , any 1 project that drdo/ hal/Ada has delivered on time. If any, then I will apologize

Finally this is brilliant news. I kept on telling everyone here for months that the delay in giving the AMCA funding isn't the government fault and they weren't just sitting on the file doing nothing. India first had to clear the F414 engine deal with the USA as without an engine you can't make the jet.

Now I really hope that they can quickly start manufacturing and buying all of the parts, components, sensors, equipment and technology as soon as possible. I believe that we can achieve its first flight in 2026 and then hit production around 2032 but it's crucial that we have no more delays now.

Exactly. Good decision by not waiting for spv since no private sector was coming forward.
The private sector are the main companies that manufacture the parts, components and technology. HAL mostly make the crucial technology like engines but other than that they assemble the jet and certify

The Turks and Koreans(Both had Armed forces that were closely involved in the Defense Manufacturing space; I encourage everybody to look it up) are well on their way to out pace us while we with our clownish and useless civilian bureaucracy led military(which itself is run by a bunch of lazy morons) has shown to be absolutely feckless and obstructive if not in some regards treasonous in their incompetence.
Dude R u really comparing our DRDO to Turkish defense industry? Today Turkey is capable of meeting 75% of its defense requirements internally where as our DRDO struggle to meet even 25-30% of our requirements on time.

It's good to hear someone finally talking sense on this issue... Don't know how people believe such unrealistic timelines as some gospel of truth looking at past track record of Drdo Hal Ada & Dpsu's
It does not even take a genius to understand the time lines originally estimated by HAL and DRDO combined are pure fantasy and are only meant to grab investments to ensure their own job security and prevent IAF, IA and the IN from swiftly acquiring technologies and platforms from overseas.

Bcoz, it kinda puts the ball completely in their court and exposes their ineptitude on program management.

Name one , any 1 project that drdo/ hal/Ada has delivered on time. If any, then I will apologize
Zorawar, prachand, ATAGS MGS etc. These are the big boys, there are many other things that DRDO have able to give, yes maybe some delay but they have delivered indeed.

Dude, you do realise that India is working on 3 fighyer aircraft at same time- tejas mk2, tedbf, amca. Also, CCS was waiting for the local production deal for f414 to be finalised before giving approval.
HAL and ADA are miles away from machining anything remotely similar to AMCA...today it is a paper plane with some parts being independently tested in wind tunnels...What Indina govt should have done....well ask Tata/L&T/MAhindra/Adani to set up a production line 5 years ago and work together with ADA....as long as HAL spell looms on Indian Defence , it will work no magic

Congratulations... Govt of India has done its duty... Concerned Govt and private sector companies should maintain their capacity and faith in Govt and Indian people... 2027 is very long time, atleast AMCA should operate first flight by then..I believe it will be a more advanced aircraft than Turkey's KAAN and South Korea's KFX 50. India is at the forefront of both these aircraft upgrades...KAAN & FX50 they have already developed the aircraft with the help of US companies. But most of the components in India's 5th generation aircraft are indigenously researched and manufactured...
I appreciate your enthusiam....2027 wont have even the LCA Mk2 getting IOC...forget about AMCA....These good for nothing jokers pushed AMCA IOC by 5 years, just check the historical claims by ADA and HAL on previous annual airshows/DEfExpo....google IAF Aero India 2017 and read what HAL said about AMCA....lol....then google IAF Aero India 2019 and then follow the same trail.........2035-37 is the earliest we will get the first squadron...mark my words!

One exception in the timeline, in next term Govt divests half of its stake in HAL and ropes in a pvt player as Tier 1 manufacturing/assembly partner for AMCA asking HAL to work in parallel at their own laggard pace

HAL and ADA are miles away from machining anything remotely similar to AMCA...today it is a paper plane with some parts being independently tested in wind tunnels...What Indina govt should have done....well ask Tata/L&T/MAhindra/Adani to set up a production line 5 years ago and work together with ADA....as long as HAL spell looms on Indian Defence , it will work no magic
dude, many of the subsystems for AMCA have already been developed, since it shares them with Tejas mk-2. The design work has been completed. the concealed weapons bay has been designed. The project is on track. The private companies are hesitant to participate on AMCA because of many reasons including but not limited to lack of expertise and experience in fighter jet production, lots of financial risk involved etc. Producing a 5th gen stealth fighter is the most advanced machine in the world. Just because a company is privte does not make it somehow capable of producing them. The govt is encouraging private partnership, but here is is hesitancy. This public privte ecosystem is in development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishake kushwaha
Back