Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) News and Discussion

Govt should appoint someone senior officer from IA to keep pressure on them for timeline and work.

Internationally, that process lasts for about 5-7 years, assuming they keep the timetable we are looking at 2032-34, to complete these flight trials even in the most optimistic scenario. After that assuming a contract is immediately given, we are looking at least 3-3.5 years to organize the production. Thus even in most optimistic scenario, we are unlikely to see a LCA MK2 anytime before 2037-38.
So what do you exactly want... ????

Clap hands!!!.. AMCA approved again
By 2042 we will have it (if we survive the major war by that time)

So what do you exactly want... ????
What I want is for DRDO to get real and stop quoting fantastical development timelines for their projects. Rather than trying to do everything in the platform all at once they ought to have adopted an incremental project development cycle, where priority is on getting the platform into the service as quickly as possible.

If it means the early batches of the platform would have relatively fewer indigenous components or would have to use imported sub-systems and weapon systems, then so be it. Once the platform is put into service a detailed comprehensive batch upgrade roadmap can be drafted and then successive batches can incorporate greater degree of indigenous components as time passes.

In the context of AMCA and LCA the whole development cycle has been screwed-up beyond measure. By the time they would enter service, the avionics around which they would have been developed would have become long obsolete.

India must have ordered the development of Tejas Mk2 and AMCA with GE F414INS6 engines the day Tejas IA got FOC certificates.

By this time, India would have some working prototypes of both fighters to integrate and test all of its locally developed subsystems.

Too sad to know it took so long to approve.

India should have started Phase I project right after giving FOC certificate to Tejas IA with GE F-414INS6 engine.
It would have a working prototype by now.

Almost everything India doing is very late approvals and out of time developments.
Most countries are already deploying 5th generation fighters.

Get real buddy. LCA MK2 prototype roll out itself has been postponed for 2025-27, after that the prototypes would start a long process of flight-testing trials, where its airframe would be put to test and the FBW software and control systems would be incrementally optimized and sub systems would also be added and tested on board.
Many techs of AMCA like canards or the avionics will be tested on Tejas Mk2, so AMCA is expected to have a short testing phase, especially Mk1 AMCA.

Congratulations... Govt of India has done its duty... Concerned Govt and private sector companies should maintain their capacity and faith in Govt and Indian people... 2027 is very long time, atleast AMCA should operate first flight by then..I believe it will be a more advanced aircraft than Turkey's KAAN and South Korea's KFX 50. India is at the forefront of both these aircraft upgrades...KAAN & FX50 they have already developed the aircraft with the help of US companies. But most of the components in India's 5th generation aircraft are indigenously researched and manufactured...
Aapke muh mein ghee shakkar. I also am very positive that these timelines will be met. Because most of the subsystems have already been developed and design is ready. By 2026, rollout of first prototype, 2027- first flight.

India should have started Phase I project right after giving FOC certificate to Tejas IA with GE F-414INS6 engine.
It would have a working prototype by now.

Almost everything India doing is very late approvals and out of time developments.
Most countries are already deploying 5th generation fighters.
Dude, you do realise that India is working on 3 fighyer aircraft at same time- tejas mk2, tedbf, amca. Also, CCS was waiting for the local production deal for f414 to be finalised before giving approval.

Many techs of AMCA like canards or the avionics will be tested on Tejas Mk2, so AMCA is expected to have a short testing phase, especially Mk1 AMCA.
Does not work that way. While one is a single-engine fuselage with a single rudder, the other is a twin-engine fuselage with twin slanted rudders. The area of control surfaces would also change in ratio to the dimensions and weight of platforms. With that, the aerodynamics and kinematics performance of both fighters would completely be different and cannot be substituted for each other.

As such both fighter programs are mutually exclusive and would require dedicated independent test regimes.

It's good to see that mod didn't put strings to this project that(spv) already is not working in these conditions so waiting didn't help to, hearing this news was a fantastic thing hope this phase-1 will be at a very good pace!!

I doubt this- no official news by any official site or by ADA or GOI.
Ajit Dubey ANI defence journalist who has been delivering every news before any news portal since last 6 months has posted it..

In last couple of months ANI is getting special treatment by the GOI be it in defence or other field , they are getting interviews & news before other portals, that's why opposition accusing ANI of doing biasness towards one party..

It's good to see that mod didn't put strings to this project that(spv) already is not working in these conditions so waiting didn't help to, hearing this news was a fantastic thing hope this phase-1 will be at a very good pace!!
Exactly. Good decision by not waiting for spv since no private sector was coming forward.

So beating expectations, approval has come in well under a year. Let’s see when ADA comes back with their bowl to ask for additional funds and time.
CDR was submitted half a year ago or what ? 🤔
They didn't announce it i think

CDR was submitted half a year ago or what ? 🤔
They didn't announce it i think
They said in April last year that they have submitted the documents to CCS. So it has been cleared in under a year.

While I can't blame IAF for questioning HAL's conduct and commitment. That being said, IAF can not cover itself in glory either.

Not one person who has been following the MMRCA project has an iota of doubt that IAF has had in the past, instead of putting its weight beind Tejas, shown more inclination towards MMRCA aka Phoren Maal. It was well known, that IAF was delaying Tejas's orders over its fear that large orders of Tejas might impact MMRCA order.
Not true at all. IAF had already agreed to 200 Tejas in the mid 90s. But Tejas got delayed. MMRCA was anyways cleared when they committed to 40 Tejas mk1 and 200 mk2, even before mk1 had IOC. So at no point was Tejas and MMRCA were even competitors. MMRCA had been approved in 2002 or so itself. HAL couldn’t close the negotiations is a different deal altogether. And anyways, at no point can one say that HAL could have produced one extra Tejas that IAF didn’t agree to buy.

Get real buddy. LCA MK2 prototype roll out itself has been postponed for 2025-27, after that the prototypes would start a long process of flight-testing trials, where its airframe would be put to test and the FBW software and control systems would be incrementally optimized and sub systems would also be added and tested on board.
Our lead times are fcking absolutely pathetic. Despite having some really intelligent people we still fall short. This is the real indictment of our dysfunctional organisational/governmental setup. The Turks and Koreans(Both had Armed forces that were closely involved in the Defense Manufacturing space; I encourage everybody to look it up) are well on their way to out pace us while we with our clownish and useless civilian bureaucracy led military(which itself is run by a bunch of lazy morons) has shown to be absolutely feckless and obstructive if not in some regards treasonous in their incompetence. As long as India remains a federal democracy with a defacto weak executive branch I don't have much hope us developing internationally competitive manufacturing industry or military industrial excellence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amit pereira
Back